Home

NHL 17 Features Revealed - NHL Draft Champions, World Cup of Hockey & More

This is a discussion on NHL 17 Features Revealed - NHL Draft Champions, World Cup of Hockey & More within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2016, 11:15 AM   #1
Rookie

azy19's Arena

OVR: 0
NHL 17 Features Revealed - NHL Draft Champions, World Cup of Hockey & More

EA Sports has just revealed their NHL 17 features, check them out below.

All-new game modes, new and deeper experiences in fan-favorite modes, and the best on-ice gameplay ever make NHL 17 the most exciting EA SPORTS NHL game to date.

Live out your hockey fantasy in all-new Draft Champions and World Cup of Hockey game modes, own every zone with authentic goaltenders, new Net Battles on offense and defense, and bone-crushing Collision Physics. Take your team to the next level in the most customizable EA SPORTS Hockey League ever and bring your game to life with dozens of thrilling new goal celebrations. No matter how you play the game, NHL 17 lets you shape your legacy on and off the ice.

LIVE YOUR HOCKEY FANTASY IN NEW GAME MODES
No matter how you play the game, NHL 17 delivers new modes to connect to your favorite teams and players. Feel the thrill of fantasy draft night with a star power team in Draft Champions, or play for national pride in the World Cup of Hockey. Be a GM fans experience the evolution of team management and take on the entire business in Franchise Mode, where you call the shots from concessions to arena relocation.

WORLD CUP OF HOCKEY
For the first time in EA SPORTS NHL history, play for national pride in a full International Tournament Mode. Featuring all of the official World Cup of Hockey teams, players and uniforms, take to the ice on a world stage as your national team and heroes.

NHL DRAFT CHAMPIONS
The new Draft Champions mode introduces the thrill of the fantasy draft with fast rounds of superstar picks. Each round challenges managers to choose the best players to build a balanced team. Immediately following your draft, take to the ice and fulfill your team’s potential by winning the Draft Championship.

FRANCHISE MODE
Fan-favorite Be a GM mode expands to complete control of an entire franchise with the addition of unique team owners. Control your favorite team and lead them to Stanley Cup glory by managing the team and the business behind the scenes. Make game-changing decisions from player personnel, ticket prices, marketing, arena upgrades, and even relocation – all from under the watchful eye of a demanding owner with challenging goals.

NEW WAYS TO PLAY FAN FAVORITE GAME MODES
Take your EA SPORTS Hockey League team to the next level by progressing through ranks to unlock customization items and give your uniform a unique look, or use the all-new Arena Creator to build the home ice you’ve always wanted. Celebrate career defining Moments in Be a Pro and immerse yourself into the most exciting Hockey Ultimate Team ever with the introduction of team Synergy, completely changing the way you build and play your dream team.

TAKE CONTROL OF THE ICE AND PLAY YOUR WAY
Own Every Zone with more end-to-end control with authentic goalies featuring positional awareness and Reactionary Save Intelligence, all-new Net Battles for offensive and defensive zone play, and dozens of thrilling new goal celebrations that capture the excitement of scoring the biggest goals on game night.

AUTHENTIC GOALTENDING
With all-new Reactionary Save Intelligence goalies will process their position, angle and the scoring situation before committing to an athletic or technical save. New motion capture replicates the technical movements of goaltenders resulting in true-to-life stances and an ability to use their body to stay big and block versus making a reactionary save.

BATTLE FOR THE ICE
In hockey, games are won and lost in front of the net. All-new Net Battle physics give you the ability to own that crucial piece of real-estate on offense or defense. Authentic battles, tie-ups, and stick play makes the battle for position in front of the net exciting thrilling and bruising chess match.

CELEBRATE WITH STYLE
After you’ve buried the puck into the back of the net all eyes are on you. Bring glory and emotion to the spotlight and celebrate using dozens of all-new player celebrations that give you a variety of ways to rub that goal into your opponent’s face and bring the crowd to their feet.

OWN EVERY ZONE
Feel complete control over the ice with improved tape-to-tape passing, puck pick-ups, and pivots. Manage your gap on the puck carrier and break up passing plays on defense with more responsive skating and stopping. Enhanced hit mechanics allow you to choose whether you close someone off at the boards, push them off the puck, or deliver a devastating body-check.

SHARPEN YOUR GAME
Whether you’re competing online for elite status or lacing up the skates for the very first time, the next generation of the critically acclaimed Visual On-Ice Trainer and Coaching Feedback tools return to teach you the skills needed to sharpen your game. Unprecedented control over gameplay settings and sliders give you the tools to go from fast, action-packed gameplay all the way to the most authentic simulation so you can play the style of hockey you love.
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One

Last edited by azy19; 06-07-2016 at 11:20 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2016, 11:31 AM   #2
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NHL 17 New Features Revealed

Interesting stuff but unfortunately will be a pass for me. Without any way to play coop online with my buddies I will just stick with 16, which I am having fun with. Unless of course the new goalies knock my socks off.
Old 06-07-2016, 11:40 AM   #3
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22

Some attention seemingly being paid to offline modes is great news for some of us. Other "features" are mostly re-introductions of old features, but are still welcome I suppose.

The stagnancy of the series has gotten to me however, so I'm not really getting too up or down on anything until we see it/play it. I'm hoping my 2k vacation this year at least makes it feel somewhat fresh this time around.
Old 06-07-2016, 11:40 AM   #4
Rookie

sir psycho's Arena

OVR: 3

The gameplay stuff sounds good. I have to say I'm very disappointed with the franchise info if that's all that's being changed. It sounds like all that's been added are the trivial aspects from Madden's owner mode like setting ticket and hot dog prices. Sure, relocation is a cool feature, but franchise/BaGM has needed so much more than that for so long.
Old 06-07-2016, 11:56 AM   #5
Rookie

Dante_X's Arena

OVR: 5

The ECHL makes its debut in NHL 17, featuring all 27 authentic teams, jerseys, and rosters.

Fun stuff
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2016, 11:59 AM   #6
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Pretty much the same stuff from the survey.

Also, they need to hire some decent writers in marketing to label their features:

"Reactionary Save Intelligence"

and

"...versus making a reactionary save"

Amusing malapropisms there.
Old 06-07-2016, 11:59 AM   #7
Rookie

GrandMaster B's Arena

OVR: 15

I am glad they are adding more customization to EASHL. Upgrading arenas is cool. They have added a more detailed franchise mode as well. Can't wait.

Gamertag: BMann1976
PSN ID: Introvert1976
Old 06-07-2016, 12:03 PM   #8
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Also, this part is very good:

"Whether you’re a seasoned pro or brand new to EA SPORTS NHL, more control over game difficulty settings, rules, and details allow you to create the perfect hockey experience for your playstyle. Go from fast, arcade fun all the way to authentic simulation hockey and everything in between with 100-point sliders that deliver precision control over your hockey experience."

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »