Home

NHL 17 Features Revamped Visual On-Ice Trainer, Coach Feedback, Gameplay Customizing

This is a discussion on NHL 17 Features Revamped Visual On-Ice Trainer, Coach Feedback, Gameplay Customizing within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2016, 12:42 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NHL 17 Features Revamped Visual On-Ice Trainer, Coach Feedback, Gameplay Customizing

A new blog post on EA's website details a new approach from EA on teaching users hockey and how to play NHL 17.

Quote:
"Whether you’re competing online for elite status or lacing up the skates for the very first time, the next generation of the critically acclaimed Visual On-Ice Trainer and Coaching Feedback tools return to teach you the skills needed to sharpen your game. Unprecedented control over gameplay settings and sliders give you the tools to go from fast, action-packed gameplay all the way to the most authentic simulation so you can play the style of hockey you love."

Some of the new training features include a Visual On-Ice Trainer which has been revamped to make improving your skill level easier and faster than ever before.

Coaching feedback is designed to help you perfect your game, with deeper and more dynamic and finely tuned feedback in this year's game. Lastly, complete gameplay customization will allow you to finely tune your gameplay experience however you want to tune it with sliders.

So what do you think of the training and gameplay customization options? Up your alley? Sound off in the comments!
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2016, 01:51 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
I don't like the trend of games pushing training modes/tutorial modes as features, as they are something that will almost only be used by some new players, and even then only briefly until they catch on. However gameplay sliders are great for tuning the game to play more realistic, assuming they are in depth and actually work.
Old 06-07-2016, 02:18 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: NHL 17 Has New Training Features Designed to Sharpen Your Game

I have zero interest in the on ice trainer I'll turn them all off but I have no problems with them adding these if it actually helps some people.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Old 06-07-2016, 02:19 PM   #4
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

OVR: 13

I personally think that the complete gameplay customization part is way more important than the training features in this blog...

"more control over game difficulty settings, rules, and details allow you to create the perfect hockey experience for your playstyle. Go from fast, arcade fun all the way to authentic simulation hockey and everything in between with 100-point sliders that deliver precision control over your hockey experience."

Wow! This is the best news I saw in a long time: 100-point sliders. It was about time! If sliders are actually working well and as advertised, this could easily be a game changer for offline players.

Last edited by Al_Tito13; 06-07-2016 at 02:42 PM.
Old 06-07-2016, 03:10 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_Tito13
I personally think that the complete gameplay customization part is way more important than the training features in this blog...

"more control over game difficulty settings, rules, and details allow you to create the perfect hockey experience for your playstyle. Go from fast, arcade fun all the way to authentic simulation hockey and everything in between with 100-point sliders that deliver precision control over your hockey experience."

Wow! This is the best news I saw in a long time: 100-point sliders. It was about time! If sliders are actually working well and as advertised, this could easily be a game changer for offline players.
Bingo. I was underwhelmed by the "reveal" but 100 point sliders is potentially huge, depending on how many sliders they give us and how accurately they work. Could be a genuine game changer.

That and the minor mentions of goalie improvements and things like gap control, more responsive skating, etc. are the pieces I'm holding onto for dear life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2016, 04:25 PM   #6
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick diesel
I don't like the trend of games pushing training modes/tutorial modes as features, as they are something that will almost only be used by some new players, and even then only briefly until they catch on. However gameplay sliders are great for tuning the game to play more realistic, assuming they are in depth and actually work.
As someone that has played hockey my whole life and has an intimate knowledge of the sport, I get where you're coming from. At the same time though, this series/this sport isn't huge everywhere so I don't really take issue with these things being included if it helps people who otherwise wouldn't have had interest in the game or sport.

So long as it continues to be entirely optional, and something we can all turn off and ignore, it doesn't bother me.
Old 06-07-2016, 05:30 PM   #7
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

There are 3 threads which discuss different things mentioned in the EA reveal. Really the only thing that jumps out at me as an offline season mode guy is Complete Customization to play the way you want to play.....given this is done right it's probably the single best thing I've seen mentioned so far. I've been a banner waver for 0-100 sliders so let's hope they work.

I'm also hoping their line in the initial teaser about improved play in all three zones is true....again if done right this is huge...mainly neutral zone.

Glad to see celebrations are being addressed hopefully five man and hopefully a game winning goal or OT goal feels just like it should.

Other than that it's returning a lot of stuff from previous releases.

Still no Roster share mention.

Please no more CPU skating around the neutral zone until gains entry....one of the things that hurt a decent NHL 16.....dump dump dump....

I am optimistic though

Last edited by jake19ny; 06-07-2016 at 05:36 PM.
Old 06-07-2016, 08:59 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NHL 17 Features Revamped Visual On-Ice Trainer, Coach Feedback, Gameplay Customiz

"Complete gameplay customization will allow you to finely tune your gameplay experience however you want to tune it with sliders."

Hopefully it means in Be A Pro that my human sliders don't affect my whole team, just me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »