Home

FIFA 17 Rewrites the Set Piece Playbook

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 Rewrites the Set Piece Playbook within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2016, 03:45 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
FIFA 17 Rewrites the Set Piece Playbook

EA Sports today detailed big changes coming to the set piece part of the game in FIFA 17.

• Direct Free Kicks - Customize your run up on free kicks to create more variety in the spin and movement on the ball. You can now deliver worldies like outside of the foot direct free kicks that bend around the opposition.
  • New Corner Kicks - A new targeting system from corners lets you pick out teammates with greater precision and changes the way your teammates move as you deliver the pass. Switch to a player in the box and have your teammate pick you out for the perfect header.
  • New Penalty Kicks - Move freely in your run up on the ball, approach from different angles and at different speeds, and put some personality on your penalties to take control from the spot.
  • User Controlled Throw Ins - Walk the line to gain a better position on your throw. Fake your throw to keep your defender guessing. And throw it with pace to a teammate.
What do you think about the changes to the set piece game in FIFA 17?
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2016, 03:49 PM   #2
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: FIFA 17 Rewrites the Set Piece Playbook

That sounds great! I just hope it doesn't make corners overpowered and too easy to score from.

Old 06-12-2016, 04:00 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Curious if anyone else feels that free kicks have been way too hard to score with since FIFA 13, I have hear the opposite, but I've had a dreadful time scoring them on current gen, especially considering the ease of scoring with long shots the last two years. Only have about 7 free kick goals this year and probably 30 outside the box goals.
Old 06-12-2016, 04:07 PM   #4
Rookie

Fabric's Arena

OVR: 9

I hope this means that keepers won't be able to make perfekt interventions every frickin corner! Seems like 9 out of 10 times they will just rise up above both defenders and the opposition and catch the ball cleanly. Outside of ADD and the scripting this is my no. 1 complaint about FIFA 16
Old 06-12-2016, 05:23 PM   #5
Gaming Fool.

PAPERNUT's Arena

OVR: 8

My hope is if they are hyping all these set piece improvements, then in order to see more of this we get more fouls in the process. This will hopefully slow the game down and bring more tactics into play besides the usual up and down arcade fest gameplay of past.
Twitter
YouTube
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2016, 06:20 PM   #6
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryClay1844
Curious if anyone else feels that free kicks have been way too hard to score with since FIFA 13, I have hear the opposite, but I've had a dreadful time scoring them on current gen, especially considering the ease of scoring with long shots the last two years. Only have about 7 free kick goals this year and probably 30 outside the box goals.

With the right player they're damn near automatic. In my Milan mode I have Hakan Chanahoglu (95 FK). I've probably scored on 30 Fks in 3-4 yrs of playing with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »