Home

They Heard You: Popular Community Requests Coming to Madden NFL 17's Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on They Heard You: Popular Community Requests Coming to Madden NFL 17's Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2016, 05:09 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
They Heard You: Popular Community Requests Coming to Madden NFL 17's Franchise Mode

EA announced today in a new post on the Madden NFL blog that they have implemented several popular community requests into franchise mode. Let's take a look at them:

• Around The League Score Ticker: Be immersed in Sunday football, with the new Around The League Score Ticker. While playing your game, you will see score updates occur from games around the league. For example, if you’re playing a 1pm Sunday game, you will see score updates and stat lines for all the other 1pm games.
  • Full Player Editing: As the commissioner in your league, you now have the ability to customize almost everything about all the players. You will be able to adjust appearance, ratings, traits, and contract information for the entire league, letting you make tweaks as you see fit to alter players.
  • Practice Squad: Each team now has a 10-man Practice Squad that they can control week-to-week. It all starts in week 4 of the preseason. Instead of cutting players, you can now easily move eligible players to the Practice Squad where they will develop as you train the various position groups during weekly training.
  • Dynamic Development Trait: Each player’s development trait is the biggest defining factor in how he develops. Players with a Superstar trait will stay in the league longer and develop into the top tier talent, while players with the Slow trait will not make it in the league long.
  • Regression Feedback: As a coach or owner, you need to have a pulse on your team’s development and you need to know exactly when your team regresses and now you will in Madden NFL 17.
  • Player Card Improvements: The Player Card has been bolstered with three key improvements. The first is a way to quickly see all the attributes for a specific player and how they rank in the league based on overall rating. The second is a view so you can see the progression history for the player. This lets you see where all the XP came from and when ratings have been impacted whether through progression or regression. Last but not least, the player card is now accessible from more areas so you will always be just a step or two from seeing the information you want.

What do you think of these add-ons? Time for rejoicing for several right?
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2016, 05:15 PM   #2
MVP

Toupal's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: They Heard You: Popular Community Requests Coming to Madden NFL 17's Franchise Mo

I just want to know with full player editing;

Can I change rookies into real life rookies.

Can I turn my drafted running back, 72 overall Doug Johnson, into an 82 overall Leonard Fournette??
Old 06-12-2016, 05:15 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 33
Score Ticker is the big one for me.
Old 06-12-2016, 05:15 PM   #4
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: They Heard You: Popular Community Requests Coming to Madden NFL 17's Franchise Mo

Going to be such a great game this year!

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 06-12-2016, 05:17 PM   #5
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

The In game score ticker and practice squad really got me excited. Also love that we can turn off the goal feedback and just keep the in game score ticker on there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2016, 05:19 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 0

I'm a little scared as there is no mention of being able to edit a player's name. We can't turn Joseph Laurence into Leonard Fournette without being able to edit name - no matter which appearence attributes we can change. I'll once again stick to my Madden 12 if this is STILL not possible.
Old 06-12-2016, 05:20 PM   #7
Rookie

Bull_Dozer's Arena

OVR: 5

Okay, I'm officially buying into the hype now.

Full Player Editing

I've been wanting that since... forever.

But yeah, it didn't mention editing player names. Hopefully that was just an oversight, and it's in. Full player editing MUST have name editing too.
Old 06-12-2016, 05:20 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Joe Flacco is the 27th rated QB in the NFL?
#preordercancelled

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »