Home

Madden NFL 17's Franchise Mode Now Features 'Big Decisions'

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17's Franchise Mode Now Features 'Big Decisions' within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2016, 06:24 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Madden NFL 17's Franchise Mode Now Features 'Big Decisions'

The thing I like the most is that the big decisions affect commentary. My hopes is that they talk about other big decisions besides injuries. Like I would like to hear "This head coach has made it known that he expects his team to make the playoffs"
Hopefully the big decisions commentary is recurring throughout season, especially season goals. My biggest gripe about franchise is that it feels like exhibition games not season
Old 06-12-2016, 07:36 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 5
Now can we edit the draft classes? That really was what killed the series for me, among the other things. This is a good start but I want to know if we can edit names, height, weight, etc and draft classes.
Old 06-12-2016, 07:38 PM   #11
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethrotull
Now can we edit the draft classes? That really was what killed the series for me, among the other things. This is a good start but I want to know if we can edit names, height, weight, etc and draft classes.
Can you specifically edit drat classes? No.
Can you edit rookies when they are drafted(name, college, height, and weight)? Yes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2016, 07:39 PM   #12
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethrotull
You can edit the rookies names, appearance, equipment, ratings, and college after they have been drafted.
Old 06-12-2016, 07:41 PM   #13
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
The only new things in this are the ability to set your own season goal, and to bring a player back from injury a week or 2 early. Everything else has been in the game, just rebranded under a new menu.
You're being very.. Shallow minded. You're missing all the great additions that the community has wanted and belittled it because they aren't your top features. You've made this apparent in multiple threads now, we get it, you don't like it, no need to keep minimizing the additions.
Old 06-12-2016, 07:47 PM   #14
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
You're being very.. Shallow minded. You're missing all the great additions that the community has wanted and belittled it because they aren't your top features. You've made this apparent in multiple threads now, we get it, you don't like it, no need to keep minimizing the additions.
How is this shadow minded? I stated clearly that most of this is simply rebranded under a new menu. The only true new feature under "big decisions" is setting your own season goal. Everything else was just streamlined. I'm not belittling any actual additions. Simply expected more for what they called huge improvements.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 06-12-2016, 09:29 PM   #15
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnSKINS26
I hope there are some under the hood safeguards in place to prevent 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and even to a lesser extent 4th round picks from being cut within the first 2-3 years of their careers due to low overall. The AI should be working to develop and make those players work, not letting them rot on the bench and cutting them early in their careers as a "Big Decision" type thing.

I don't want to see a bunch of high draft picks in FA in year one or two for me to pick up and develop myself. The AI for computer controlled teams needs to make sure they aren't drafting or signing tons of guys at the same position and cutting ones that never got a shot to develop for them.
Early rounders shouldn't be much of an issue. But 4th rounders get cut irl, esp after 2-3 years, sometimes having to play on PS or just never to be heard from again. It definitely happens, it just all depends on the team's depth and the player's rating. But it's better than just cutting these same players all together and hoping they are in the selected bucket of FAs the game allows when you may need them.

Just look at 2014 draft alone...Logan Thomas, Shaq Evans, Carl Bradford, Khairi Fortt, Jalen Saunders, Jaylen Watkins...

All 4th rounders that have been placed on PS and some already been through 2 or 3 teams before finding a home on a 53-man roster.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2016, 11:04 PM   #16
Rookie

MAGboyswifT27's Arena

OVR: 7
So much good news, I seriously can't wait for the game to drop.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »