Home

Madden NFL 17 New Gameplanning Features

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 New Gameplanning Features within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2016, 11:00 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: EA Details New Gameplanning Features in Madden NFL 17

from what i've read, i dont like the execution. It doesn't seem like it gives enough useful information and it doesn't seem like its varied based upon coaching ability.

Also, i can see a boost in Route Running, but Throwing Power and Catching?
Old 06-15-2016, 11:34 PM   #18
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0

I don't necessarily hate the boosts idea, just really hate what I am seeing in terms of what boosts - would rather see only boosts for things like PRC, ZCV, AWR, RR, not physical things like CTH THP, and the boosts should be there if the opponent calls the play or concept you ran that drill to counter.

IE - if in the game plan phase I see 4 verts, so I run COV 4 or whatever to "game plan" I should only get that boost if I call that play verses that concept...
Old 06-16-2016, 08:17 AM   #19
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJags904

Boost, IMO, should be in because IRL practicing certain plays does reward players when running said plays in-game. If overused though, game planning should update mid-game to suggest counters. Same thing with week to week. If users use the same plays then counters should be the practice for boosts to force users to mix it up. It rewards more xp for success so even younger players can gain experience even faster for in-game execution.

Ok, but to me just because my team practiced some cover 2 this week, to me should not just automatically = attribute boosts any time i run it in a game. Because cover 2 shouldn't be extra effective against certain offensive plays. I wouldnt mind it , if it gave you a boost when its called against a play it should be stopping, like the screen pass.I just dont think it should have a higher success rate just for calling it alone.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 06-16-2016, 08:21 AM   #20
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

As others have said, this sounds great on paper, but like many additions I just have to hope the CPU AI takes full advantage as well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 06-16-2016, 12:23 PM   #21
Pro

GoJags904's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
Ok, but to me just because my team practiced some cover 2 this week, to me should not just automatically = attribute boosts any time i run it in a game. Because cover 2 shouldn't be extra effective against certain offensive plays. I wouldnt mind it , if it gave you a boost when its called against a play it should be stopping, like the screen pass.I just dont think it should have a higher success rate just for calling it alone.
This is what I mean by tweaking it to fit accordingly. IF, and that's a big IF, they tune it like that to only boost against plays it should stop then it would be perfect. I can only hope the GCs, DEVs, etc, get this feedback to the top of their list.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

NFL --- JAX JAGUARS (DUUUUVAAAL)
MLB --- BOSTON RED SOX
NBA --- LAKERS4LIFE
NCAAF --- GATOR NATION (UF)
NCAAB --- DUKE BLUE DEVILS
MLS --- DC UNITED
BARCLAYS PL --- CHELSEA

MUSIC/ARTIST ALIAS --- SHIESTY SLIM
"CRAY CRAY" available on ITUNES, GOOGLE PLAY, AMAZON
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2016, 01:20 PM   #22
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJags904
This is what I mean by tweaking it to fit accordingly. IF, and that's a big IF, they tune it like that to only boost against plays it should stop then it would be perfect. I can only hope the GCs, DEVs, etc, get this feedback to the top of their list.

yeah thats a mountainous IF to say the least.One which i doubt is the case.But we can always it was well thought thru before adding it to the game. Although , i will say, if it doesnt work that way... the casuals will love it.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 06-16-2016, 01:47 PM   #23
Pro

GoJags904's Arena

Yeah they made it a thin line with adding boost but overall with all of the game play and commentary improvements I'm hopeful again for Madden. Plus, my favorite two additions, sim slow mode w commentary and offline XP sliders adds tons of life to my franchise you don't even kno'.

Oh yeah, and full player editing when I'm pissed with too many lopsided ratings in deep years so I'm good and chillin till 18 an frostbite.

NFL --- JAX JAGUARS (DUUUUVAAAL)
MLB --- BOSTON RED SOX
NBA --- LAKERS4LIFE
NCAAF --- GATOR NATION (UF)
NCAAB --- DUKE BLUE DEVILS
MLS --- DC UNITED
BARCLAYS PL --- CHELSEA

MUSIC/ARTIST ALIAS --- SHIESTY SLIM
"CRAY CRAY" available on ITUNES, GOOGLE PLAY, AMAZON
Old 06-16-2016, 01:51 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

I hate the boosts aspect of it and it worries for what we may expect from future titles that reintroduce coordinators.

The game should be designed so that the boosts happen naturally, but because it doesn't, that tells me Madden has a long way to go in replicating real football.

What I mean is that the game should provide you with your opponent's tendencies, the amount of information provided would in the future be determined by the skill of your coordinators. You then take that information and use it in devising your own gameplan to attack the weaknesses. In other words, put the onus on the user to gameplan instead of relying on arcadey powerups. If the user devises a good strategy, increased success will occur on its own.

And with regards to the screenshot several posts back about a team running a screen 6% of the time, there better be more to it than that, otherwise this feature is almost useless.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »