Home

Madden NFL 17 Videos - Steelers vs. Cardinals & Patriots vs. Steelers (Kspade)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Videos - Steelers vs. Cardinals & Patriots vs. Steelers (Kspade) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2016, 02:48 AM   #1
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3
Madden NFL 17 Videos - Steelers vs. Cardinals & Patriots vs. Steelers (Kspade)

Kspadetheprospect has posted a couple of Madden NFL 17 videos. The first one features Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Arizona Cardinals.

The second Madden NFL 17 video features the New England Patriots vs. Pittsburgh Steelers.

Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2016, 03:32 AM   #2
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 17 Video - Steelers vs Patriots (Kspadethepros)

Concern: Motion-shift speed burst
Two quick concerns that I see, with the common theme being (legacy issue) players having a motion shift speed burst. One is a defensive interception speed burst. Two, a touchdown speed burst reception.

When they mentioned they're introducing real ball physics, for whatever reason, I thought that would eliminate speed bursts to the ball. Here's hoping "true step" (whenever they get around to doing all 22 player with true step) would eliminate speed bursts in future Madden iterations.

From what I gather, I could be wrong, PS2 Madden versions didn't really have these speed burst compensation. It is only when they transitioned to the PS3/360 version when these speed burst compensation appeared, and continues to linger into the PS4/X1 generation.

#95; strange way to get up off the ground; frog hop. First time I have ever seen this.
Spoiler

QB throwing motion
Spoiler
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 06-21-2016, 05:11 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 4

ROFLLLLLLLL @ that Pylon Cam on the Wheaton TD... That was absurd!
Typical example of doing too much. I get we get new stuff that they want to show off, but the PylonCam angle is not necessary on every single score :/
Old 06-21-2016, 05:26 AM   #4
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

I like a lot of the replay angles they have. The speed ramping and pylon shot choice are a little shaky at times but most of the replays I've seen have been nice but they do show a lot of the nitpicky things as well. The angle the ball comes out of Roethlisberger's hand and then one other that stuck out to me was how Bryant was looking back at the other side of the field for nearly his entire route on the one TD. Nothing big, just sticks out as odd.

Like Strawberry showed that speed burst on receptions needs to go. I think it happens a lot on streak type catches as well it's just not nearly as noticeable. I think if they got rid of that burst it would create a lot of those just barely incomplete passes that you don't often get in Madden.

Last edited by DeuceDouglas; 06-21-2016 at 05:28 AM.
Old 06-21-2016, 07:43 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I like a lot of the replay angles they have. The speed ramping and pylon shot choice are a little shaky at times but most of the replays I've seen have been nice but they do show a lot of the nitpicky things as well. The angle the ball comes out of Roethlisberger's hand and then one other that stuck out to me was how Bryant was looking back at the other side of the field for nearly his entire route on the one TD. Nothing big, just sticks out as odd.

Like Strawberry showed that speed burst on receptions needs to go. I think it happens a lot on streak type catches as well it's just not nearly as noticeable. I think if they got rid of that burst it would create a lot of those just barely incomplete passes that you don't often get in Madden.
Agreed. I'm also seeing a lot of suction tackles in other vids I've watched. I really hope they clean that stuff up because we should be past having to deal that by now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2016, 08:19 PM   #6
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
ROFLLLLLLLL @ that Pylon Cam on the Wheaton TD... That was absurd!
Typical example of doing too much. I get we get new stuff that they want to show off, but the PylonCam angle is not necessary on every single score :/
agreed. seems the pylon cam is either a big hit or a big miss. it should only be used on close goaline plays - not plays when the runner just runs across the goaline.
Old 06-21-2016, 09:03 PM   #7
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 17 Videos - Steelers vs. Cardinals & Patriots vs. Steelers (Kspade)

That INT clip looked like a user INT, and it appears to be the way experienced users bait the QB to throw to a spot so the user can INT it.

The WR speed burst for a TD I do not recall seeing; at least not to where I have noticed, but I don't recall everything from Madden; I would like a better understanding of why this speed burst would be present and why in the clip it only effects the WR; as I do recall seeing DB's jump routes in what looks like a speed burst.. Generally I see WR's wait for passes to come to them while the DB charges towards the ball.

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 06-21-2016 at 09:06 PM.
Old 06-21-2016, 11:45 PM   #8
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden NFL 17 Videos - Steelers vs. Cardinals & Patriots vs. Steelers (Kspade)

Second video, 1:17. Game is still treating injury timeouts as full clock stoppages which shouldn't be the case. Clock should resume as soon as the player is off the field or basically as soon as the playcall screen pops up. This has been an issue the last few years.

From the NFL rulebook:

Quote:
At the conclusion of an injury timeout, the game clock will start as if the injury timeout had not occurred. If either team takes, or
is charged with, a timeout, the clock will start on the snap.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »