Home

Madden NFL 17 Videos - Patriots vs. Cardinals & Packers vs. Bears (Madden Daily)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Videos - Patriots vs. Cardinals & Packers vs. Bears (Madden Daily) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2016, 01:55 AM   #9
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 17 Videos - Patriots vs. Cardinals & Packers vs. Bears (Madden Daily)

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
4:12 of the Bears vs Pack game, that doesn't look good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
what in particular didn't you like about it? they only rushed 3 so I felt it was realistic the amount of time Rodgers had. it was kinda silly though how he never moved an inch. or was it the throw that you didn't like? keep in mind the ratings at EA Play were randomized so Rodgers could have had terrible ratings, I think.
I'll expand on the point. It's not about the "time" the QB has in the pocket, but "how" the interaction between the OL/DL are expressed by EA's programming team. A quarterback's time in the pocket is a byproduct of the interactions between the DL/OL.

If EA is able to replicate how the DL "rush" with proper angles and technique and how the OL "blocks," the QB will naturally have the standard 3-4-5 seconds to survey the field before the pocket finally collapses. There simply isn't that organic struggle between the OL/DL ends. Imagine you were in the shoes of one of the DL defensive ends in this particular sequence. Does it make much sense to continue to "move/rush" (pattycake manner) the way they do?

A second thing that jumped out at me is the "foot" activity of the running back. Why is he pedaling back and forth, back and forth repeatedly in the same exact spot directly in front of the QB? The key concern of the line play seems to be the "lack of purpose" so to speak.

Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 06-21-2016, 02:05 AM   #10
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden NFL 17 Videos - Patriots vs. Cardinals & Packers vs. Bears (Madden Daily)

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
A second thing that jumped out at me is the "foot" activity of the running back. Why is he pedaling back and forth, back and forth repeatedly in the same exact spot directly in front of the QB? The key concern of the line play seems to be the "lack of purpose" so to speak.

LOL. Look at the TE too. From the snap he just takes a step back and does nothing but the same little shuffle for the entirety of the play. Then the C gets swimmed and moves up to the LOS, the RG picks it up and the C goes back to double team for a second and then passes him off to the LG to go back to right at the LOS and do the exact same shuffle. Then towards the end the LG takes over and you see the start of the RG going into it as well.

This needs to be priority one through ten for gameplay next year.
Old 06-21-2016, 02:46 AM   #11
MVP

underdog13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
what in particular didn't you like about it? they only rushed 3 so I felt it was realistic the amount of time Rodgers had. it was kinda silly though how he never moved an inch. or was it the throw that you didn't like? keep in mind the ratings at EA Play were randomized so Rodgers could have had terrible ratings, I think.
Others spoke on the o-line/d-line, I also didn't like the wr on the far right who ran the curl. Once he finished it and was double covered. He should've imo fought like hell to get open, either getting in front of the db's before the ball was released or worked back towards the middle of the field.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2016, 03:48 AM   #12
Pro

So EA is telling everyone the swat button is new wtf?
Old 06-21-2016, 03:50 AM   #13
Rookie

dayo480's Arena

I will start by saying they have seemed to improve gameplay every year from the start of our current gen. With that said, why does all the videos I have watched so far seems oddly the same even though they're by different people. It just seems very smoke and mirrors. Also, I haven't seen anyone do that terrible. No losses? I thought difficulty had been dramatically increased. Another observation is that the block kick already seems OP. Hopefully it's not in the final build. If I get even 1 block every other week, that is too much and have some counter for kicking team. But hopefully they continue to have gameplay released. I am excited for football. And will be definitely buying.
Old 06-21-2016, 06:55 AM   #14
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

I like the broadcast cam replays that start in slow motion, but not sure why they put a banner on it with Brady's name on it...Probably would have been better to put the defensive player name who got the sack
Old 06-21-2016, 11:56 AM   #15
Rookie

sir psycho's Arena

OVR: 3

My favorite moment in any of these videos being posted was around 1:12 in the Bears-Packers vid, when the Bears punted and the ball hits around the 5 yard line and bounces to eventually land around the 3. For a long time that was guaranteed to bounce into the endzone for a touchback, so it was very nice to see that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2016, 12:08 PM   #16
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
OK cool....yeah not everybody is a zoom player.
Agreed just like not everyone ( most) are not defensive camera guru's either.Personally i love it. Wish it was alittle closer to shoulder height and i could look around my player like turning my head, but i still love it none the less.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »