Home

Madden NFL 17 Videos - Best Plays & Bengals vs. Steelers (SimFBallCritic)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Videos - Best Plays & Bengals vs. Steelers (SimFBallCritic) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2016, 12:54 PM   #9
Rookie

champ1997's Arena

OVR: 0
Are those Jordan cleats I see
Old 06-21-2016, 12:57 PM   #10
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Madden NFL 17 Videos - Best Plays & Bengals vs. Steelers (SimFBallCritic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
The crowd reaction and commentary on the Heyward-Bey touchdown is incredible.

Yeah when Davis is talking and Gaudin says "oh look at this", and then he calls the TD, hope to have a lot more of those wow moments this year.

Blown away by two things, how great commentary sounds for a first attempt at around only 50% finished and blown away by how disappointed and unimpressed a lot of people on here are about the commentary. This is the most difficult sport of all to reproduce commentary for and this is by FAR the best football game commentary we've ever seen, what did people expect?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by jpdavis82; 06-21-2016 at 12:59 PM.
Old 06-21-2016, 01:16 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by riichiieriich
Why do the tackles look so weak? Looks like the players just fall to the ground.

Also, the collision system still needs work. As do the running animations.
Agreed. Still seeing some ragdoll physics going on with players adding on to a gang tackle & just falling to the ground lifeless. I thought this would've been fixed by now. The overall player movement needs to be the #1 priority going forward as players still have that robotic look at times. It needs to look more natural ala NBA 2K.

Last edited by JKSportsGamer1984; 06-21-2016 at 01:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2016, 01:50 PM   #12
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Madden NFL 17 Videos - Best Plays & Bengals vs. Steelers (SimFBallCritic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Yeah when Davis is talking and Gaudin says "oh look at this", and then he calls the TD, hope to have a lot more of those wow moments this year.

Blown away by two things, how great commentary sounds for a first attempt at around only 50% finished and blown away by how disappointed and unimpressed a lot of people on here are about the commentary. This is the most difficult sport of all to reproduce commentary for and this is by FAR the best football game commentary we've ever seen, what did people expect?

There hasn't been another console football game in almost a decade, it should be the best by default. With that said we'll have to see how it turns out in the final product. It's definitely the freshest thing I've seen so far in Madden 17 tho.....

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-21-2016, 02:10 PM   #13
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
There hasn't been another console football game in almost a decade, it should be the best by default. With that said we'll have to see how it turns out in the final product. It's definitely the freshest thing I've seen so far in Madden 17 tho.....
Lets not forget about NCAA. Same company but the commentary was often better than Madden.

From the little bit I heard, I think it sounds great but I can see where there are some issues. Gaudin and Davis speak in generic terms a little too much for my taste. I get why they do this (so that the lines can be used in every game) but I think I'm going to tire of hearing "The WR catches a pass at the 20 yrd line" or Davis saying "I'm looking forward to see which big guy stands out."

With that said, I get that lines are going to be repetitive no matter what they do (I love NBA2k's commentary and it gets really repetitive when playing a whole season) so I'm hoping the ongoing commentary recording will help fight against that.
Old 06-21-2016, 02:19 PM   #14
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82

Sorry if the following is a repeat from a different thread. But it does answer the question on what I am looking for. Putting in spoiler tag so it doesn't take up more real estate.

Spoiler
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 06-21-2016 at 03:04 PM.
Old 06-21-2016, 03:18 PM   #15
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Spoiler
I think your expectations were a bit high. One, the commentary you expected is a bit more of a radio broadcast style than TV broadcast style. Two, we have to keep in mind that they have to rebuild the commentary database and that will take some time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2016, 06:57 PM   #16
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

these vids made the game look sooo much better then the other videos I've seen so far. props to simfbcritic for showing us what we wanted to see.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »