Home

Madden NFL 17 Videos - Giants vs. Cowboys & Redskins vs. Panthers (TheFlightMike)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Videos - Giants vs. Cowboys & Redskins vs. Panthers (TheFlightMike) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2016, 06:09 PM   #17
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 17 Videos - Giants vs. Cowboys & Redskins vs. Panthers (TheFlightMike)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
NOw I recall a Dev stating adjustments to pass rush to get the quarterback around the average 3 second time to throw and I haven't seen that yet; more like 5 seconds minimum, unless you call an actual blitz play.

EDIT: If this is on Rookie, then I can understand the pass rush, I just hope it scales as the difficulty level increases.
Other videos have been played on all-pro and the pass rush is just as bad. Devs (I believe Clint) has said they are tuning it but idk it looks like it needs more than that. The problem I see is that the defensive lines first and only thought seems to be make as much contact as possible with the offensive line.
Old 06-22-2016, 07:04 PM   #18
Rookie

"Passing Pocket, what passing pocket...this is madden"......I seen about 7-10 videos now and once again, the line play is terrible...No pocket, just a str8 of couples dancing...Didnt they dedicate a whole year to line play?..what happened to that?...Hoping sliders will help....But this needs to be addressed...I dont care if it on rookie, allpro or madden, this still needs to be a pocket..Also, running the ball, the holes are crazy big...I like the direction things are going but cmon man
Old 06-22-2016, 07:20 PM   #19
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

Re: Madden NFL 17 Videos - Giants vs. Cowboys & Redskins vs. Panthers (TheFlightMike)

Def liked the speed of these vids.... Slow was my speed on madden 16 and it looks like it on this one
Old 06-22-2016, 07:24 PM   #20
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Like anything, a solid foundation must be built and present before anything else can be built; with Madden, that means the OL & DL; that has never been the case with Madden, thus nothing else will work realistically.

In the M17 video, the LE/LOLB still is the major pass rusher, regardless of how good the RE or ROLB is, and this shouldn't happen.

I am not going to review all the other issues with the DL/OL interactions because they have been stated ad nauseam, but they are very important and must be addressed before anything else is addressed/adjusted from this moment forward.

CFM, IMO, until we get away from the generic selection screens and move back to what we had in "Head Coach" with the coaches office as the options area, there will be little immersion to CFM..Generally, all that was in Head Coach needs to be in CFM, just expanded on. Immersion needs to be everything from locker room for game planning to an actual seat on draft day with the team logo on a sign sitting on the draft table with a phone to take and make trades and call in picks, etc..
Old 06-22-2016, 09:47 PM   #21
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

The best part about this was the 2nd video commentary it actually sounded like a broadcast more flowing, litlte things like 'looking for Olsen' Intercepted' in the past that would have sounded so telegraphed
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2016, 10:11 PM   #22
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Other videos have been played on all-pro and the pass rush is just as bad. Devs (I believe Clint) has said they are tuning it but idk it looks like it needs more than that. The problem I see is that the defensive lines first and only thought seems to be make as much contact as possible with the offensive line.
Actually, Clint said there are some outstanding issues with pass rush they are still working on.

Hopefully, that means more than just tuning.
Old 06-22-2016, 10:18 PM   #23
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9

people crying etc, this game looks amazing and from my stand point now that i've seen actual gameplay, it's a done deal, is it perfect? noped, but it does alot of things better than 16? ---> judging from video's of 17 vs 16? Yep. keep up the good job.

Last edited by StormsWarning; 06-22-2016 at 10:22 PM.
Old 06-22-2016, 11:14 PM   #24
Banned

WISports's Arena

Player models just look off to me, as does their movement.

All players look like they're bow-legged or something.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »