Home

Madden NFL 17 Video - Gameplay, Commentary, Fake FG Trick Play (GoodGameBro)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Video - Gameplay, Commentary, Fake FG Trick Play (GoodGameBro) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2016, 04:19 PM   #9
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: MADDEN 17 GAMEPLAY - Fake FG Trick Play & NEW Commentary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Why does some of the special teams stuff look so awkward? On the first shovel pass fake it like everything gets sped up when the punter makes the shovel pass. Then on the fake fg TD it's like everything slows down then speeds up once the kicker takes the pitch.

Also we really need to get some pocket awareness for cpu qbs, Marshall is laying at Carrs feet and he doesnt even attempt to step up or roll out or anything he just lets Marshall get up and sack him.

The potential is there though just gotta get the legacy issues ironed out.

Looked like he had pretty good room and still a good pocket, so at this point that the defender is on the ground, didn't look like he was "laying at Carr's feet". Didn't look bad to me IMO

Old 06-24-2016, 04:34 PM   #10
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Good video. I loved the fg fake with the flip over the shoulder! That punt shovel pass was ridiculous though! Has that ever even happened in real nfl with a 10 yard shovel pass from a punter? Lol

I saw a lot I liked though! I do think having some counters with the fakes to counter the aggressive blocks is a good thing. Risk/reward.
Old 06-24-2016, 04:34 PM   #11
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
Game has a lot of potential.
Agreed with this sentiment. Would like to see more defensive celebrations after big plays but not a big deal if not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2016, 04:52 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 4

Best video I've seen so far, both from commentary and gameplay standspoints (excluding the awkward silence at 2:00)

If they manage to improve/tune the pass rush as Clint already acknowledge they're trying to... Consider me hyped!
Old 06-24-2016, 06:06 PM   #13
Rookie

whoisdo's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
First, thanks for the vid!

You said it's from a few weeks ago, so was it EA Play (I know it says that in the corner, just want to make sure)? If all of the videos that have come out recently are from that same build, that's encouraging that it might be only 40% of the commentary. Hopefully the moments like the dead air on the 2:00 screen pass won't be present in the final version.

I smiled when the CPU straight-up missed the FG at 1:40.
Sorry, I guess the trip to LA wasn't as long ago as it feels haha! But yeah, this footage was captured during EA Play using the same build they had for the public to play on the showroom floor. The commentary being at 40% gives me hope that we won't see "dead air" moments like that. There's a lot of commentary I heard during games I played on the showroom floor (with a headset on) that was so good during close games. I wish I had capped some of it for you guys!

I purposely incorporated the missed FG for you guys because I knew people would love to see that the CPU isn't automatic anymore. Long FGs are TOUGH as a user too. Adds a lot of drama to late game situations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilley
I can't get over how cool the Coliseum looks in the game.
Absolutely agree. The lighting looks incredible as it begins to get later in the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Game looks sick. And again the more I hear the commentary and color....the more I smile.

It is so alive now!!!!

I will be imposing my own set of house rules on the trick plays...which look awesome BTW.
Something to keep in mind is that trick plays are NOT going to be automatic. The devs mentioned that they tuned the success rate up for the EA Play build because they wanted the public to be able to experience the feature. Shouldn't be anywhere nearly as successful when the game drops in August (which is good news for H2H games).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Enjoyed the video but when Crabtree broke open on that pass, he was sucked into the tackler following. So ugly. Wish they could fix this. Otherwise I enjoyed it.
Definitely agree that it wasn't a great moment. I haven't seen as many "suction" moments when comparing it to M16, but you'll definitely have a few moments where it happens. Since the EA Play build was (I believe) from May 2016, I have hopes that they'll be able to eliminate a few more of these moments.
Old 06-24-2016, 06:16 PM   #14
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Madden NFL 17 Video - Gameplay, Commentary, Fake FG Trick Play (GoodGameBro)

Mentioned this in the other thread with this video but one little thing I really liked was the accelerated clock running under two minutes. Been wanting to see that ever since I moved to using the accelerated clock.
Old 06-24-2016, 06:18 PM   #15
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Madden NFL 17 Video - Gameplay, Commentary, Fake FG Trick Play (GoodGameBro)

If they can tighten up player movement, suction tackling and line play with the tuning they're doing we could be in for a treat. Best looking video I've seen and it might have something to do with more of a sim style of play but I really like what I saw.

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2016, 06:19 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Madden NFL 17 Video - Gameplay, Commentary, Fake FG Trick Play (GoodGameBro)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Mentioned this in the other thread with this video but one little thing I really liked was the accelerated clock running under two minutes. Been wanting to see that ever since I moved to using the accelerated clock.
That might have been because the CPU used "Chew Clock" to run the time down before kicking the FG (which the user can do too, btw). This has been present since the Chew Clock thing started a few years ago. I doubt the accel clock is going to behave differently in the last two minutes.

TBH I wish it would have called its last TO before trying to do that. Unless that "self-ices" the kicker or something.

Last edited by bcruise; 06-24-2016 at 06:22 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »