Home

NBA Draft Winners and Losers...

This is a discussion on NBA Draft Winners and Losers... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2016, 07:09 PM   #9
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NBA Draft Winners and Losers...

Quote:
who hasn't played anything beyond high school ball
"Why are the T-Wolves taking Garnett? He hasn't played anything beyond high school ball."

"Why did the Lakers trade for Bryant? He hasn't played anything beyond high school ball."

"Why is Cleveland taking James? I don't care that he's a hometown hero--he hasn't played anything beyond high school ball."
Old 06-27-2016, 09:17 AM   #10
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
I think the C's could have gone either way. Here's the reason why. Even with Jimmy Butler, they aren't beating the Cavs or coming close to the Finals this next year. Also, NEXT year they have the Nets 1st round pick. The Nets got even worse for next year which means the Celtics will have that 1st - 3rd overall pick again, and they can package a deal for a star the following year.

Also, in order to get Jimmy Butler it would have had to been more than a 1st rounder AND Avery Bradley. Chicago wasn't going to take that cause they could get more for him. And if we lose Bradley we're losing a vital defensive player as well.

I don't know. I think this was a good move for the C's considering they aren't contending this next year either.
I think Bradley and Dunn for Butler would have come really close to getting the trade done. Perhaps the Bulls throw in the 14 pick for another decent player, with a salary that would match up.

I just feel like the longer the Celtics wait to pull the trigger on a proven star, the less leverage they have going forward. Butler would have provided them the scoring they desperately need now, and he's every bit as good a defender as Bradley. They could have been the definitive 2nd or 3rd best team in the East with that move, and they still had 2 of the 3 picks left, and a great draft again next year.
Old 06-27-2016, 10:50 AM   #11
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Unless we get D-League or expanded rosters, then I'd call Boston losers (2K wise) because they're not going to have room for the draft & stash or D-League players. In real life, I'm really excited about Yabusele & Zizic and I'm hoping that Bentil and Jackson can push Mickey and Rozier for their roster spots as well. Although, with plenty of talented players already on the roster and a ton of cap space to spend, I doubt that we'll see all four of those in 2k17.... well, not from the jump anyway.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2016, 01:41 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1
Kanter and Adams won't both be starting for the Thunder. They are both true C's. Ersan Ilyasova is the obvious choice for starting PF.
Old 06-27-2016, 01:59 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball
"Why are the T-Wolves taking Garnett? He hasn't played anything beyond high school ball."

"Why did the Lakers trade for Bryant? He hasn't played anything beyond high school ball."

"Why is Cleveland taking James? I don't care that he's a hometown hero--he hasn't played anything beyond high school ball."

That's all great if you compare those 4 in just that way. If you watch high school tape, you can clearly see Thon Maker is a giant project. Should have traded down.
Old 06-27-2016, 02:40 PM   #14
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiNeighbor
Kanter and Adams won't both be starting for the Thunder. They are both true C's. Ersan Ilyasova is the obvious choice for starting PF.
Actually, Kanter has a good face-up jumper that can space the floor and does pretty well guarding traditional PFs. It's stretch-4s that give him trouble because while he runs the floor very well for his size, he has slow lateral movement. That's why he played a lot against San Antonio and not much against Golden State. Kanter and Adams can exist on the floor with each other without overlapping roles or stepping on each others toes.

However, I do think that it would be better to start Ilyasova (and Roberson for that matter) and allow Oladipo and Kanter to run the 2nd unit. I'd be willing to bet that you'll see a lineup of Westbrook, Oladipo, Durant, Kanter, and Adams in most 4th quarters though (assuming that Durant stays).
Old 06-27-2016, 05:20 PM   #15
Rookie

JazzCeltics's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball

What about Kwame Brown?
What about Robert Swift?
What about Johnathan Bender?
What about Darius Miles?
What about Desagana Diop?
What about Eddy Curry? (I know he was good for a few years, but once he got to the Knicks he wasn't too good)
What about Martell Webster?
I know that many high school players like the ones you mentioned, Dwight Howard, Bynum, Jermaine O'Neal, and more, but there are many busts as well out of high school, so that argument can't be made for Thon Maker.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2016, 12:55 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzCeltics
What about Kwame Brown?
What about Robert Swift?
What about Johnathan Bender?
What about Darius Miles?
What about Desagana Diop?
What about Eddy Curry? (I know he was good for a few years, but once he got to the Knicks he wasn't too good)
What about Martell Webster?
I know that many high school players like the ones you mentioned, Dwight Howard, Bynum, Jermaine O'Neal, and more, but there are many busts as well out of high school, so that argument can't be made for Thon Maker.
Thon doesn't need to become a superstar he just needs to be a solid contributor who doesn't mess things up for anyone else. That's just my opinion.

No one expected Martell Webster, Desagna Diop, and Robert Swift to have "Face of the Franchise" type of talent. Those guys were noted as having a (possible) high ceilings like Thon. I think what kills Thon is the KD comparisons, he is not that guy in the NBA but I think he can turn into a solid contributor. He just needs to be able to impact the game, he doesn't have to be Superstar to have a successful career. I'd Argue that he does not even have to become an All-Star to be successful.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »