Home

FIFA Ultimate Team Chemistry Glitch Reveals Mode Could be Broken, Title Update Coming

This is a discussion on FIFA Ultimate Team Chemistry Glitch Reveals Mode Could be Broken, Title Update Coming within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2016, 05:00 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
I always laugh at people who spend money on Ultimate Teams. It's such a scam cash grab. lol
Old 06-28-2016, 09:31 AM   #10
Rookie

Re: FIFA: Ultimate Team Chemistry Glitch Reveals Mode Could be Broken

I still fondly remember the day I launched fifa and it prompted me to play the "most popular fifa game mode". I had no idea wtf the mode was about even after spending a good 10 minutes in it, and I probably still don't. Checked the thread for entertainment purposes, and because we may get a glimpse into how this mode affects gameplay and those playing other game modes that actually make sense.
Old 06-28-2016, 09:54 AM   #11
Rookie

I get the chemistry aspect of FUT. I mean, I get the premise of trying to have certain levels of difficulty within the game and to try to keep people from sticking up on awesome players, but I don't get that I could have someone rated high and all of a sudden they don't perform well because the player next to them is from another league/country.

Total disclosure here, I played FUT all day Saturday. That's the first time I ever really dove into it. I actually liked it. Well, I liked the premise of it, the chemistry thing drove me crazy. A friend of my wife brought her 12 year old son over (he plays it) and since I only had one controller, we took turns playing halves and he taught me about it. It was fun, we had a blast. Then after he left, I played a game and it wasn't as fun.

It could be something I would play here and there, but I would never pay actual money to purchase things in that mode. It was fun to work up and earn coins to get better players and stuff like that, but absolutely no way would I use real currency.

Still Manager Mode til I die. And sometimes Player Career Mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2016, 10:08 AM   #12
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
Lol. Sorry, but this is hilarious. Don't feel sorry for them at all.
Yeah same. I never understood putting $ into a game past the initial $60 purchase (or even purchasing at $60). The game mode screamed cash grab from its inception. People need to wise up. It's also been 4 days since the news broke out and no official statement from EA, probably warming up the PR angle lol
Old 06-28-2016, 10:14 AM   #13
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

I play FUT offline casually, but have never spent an actual dime and never will. Honestly, I don't blame EA for turning UT into a half-a-billion dollar industry, I blame those with a serious lack of impulse control who think that dropping several thousand dollars on virtual playing cards with an annual expiration date is acceptable (the cards don't actually expire but are basically worthless once the next version of FIFA is released). And you can't tell me all of these UT players have wads of disposable income, I've talked to many who admit they haven't but are hooked anyway.

I don't think anyone envisioned this scenario when UT launched, I certainly didn't. Impulse gaming and the point-and-click market have created a UT monster and I'm sure EA are only to glad to stoke the fires and reap the benefits.

Anyway, the chemistry aspect is sort of a fun "game within the game", as the premise is to build an "ultimate team" and team chemistry goes a long way towards that. But to me FIFA is just a video game, if chemistry is broke then fix it. Beyond the initial game cost, I have no investment.
Old 06-28-2016, 12:49 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3
Very mature comments. " Good for them" Lets be happy for EA for ripping off customers just because you don't like a game mode? Millions enjoy it and consider it the best online h2h experience because you are building a team in your vison to compete with unlike playing the regular mode where its nothing but Real, Barca, and Bayern
Old 06-28-2016, 02:04 PM   #15
Trequartista

10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwright25
Very mature comments. " Good for them" Lets be happy for EA for ripping off customers just because you don't like a game mode? Millions enjoy it and consider it the best online h2h experience because you are building a team in your vison to compete with unlike playing the regular mode where its nothing but Real, Barca, and Bayern

This + concerning yourself how other people spend their income, disposable or not. I hate this mode so much I'm glad people are essentially being scammed or lied to is a sad mentality to have.

You guys realize you're buying the game from this company too right? Maybe it was an oversight or an accident, but either way it's bad. 500 million dollars were spent by people on ultimate team alone and they still don't get it right. Get back to complaining about how all the development time is going to ultimate team though and that's why career mode is trash.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2016, 04:05 PM   #16

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10
This + concerning yourself how other people spend their income, disposable or not. I hate this mode so much I'm glad people are essentially being scammed or lied to is a sad mentality to have.

You guys realize you're buying the game from this company too right? Maybe it was an oversight or an accident, but either way it's bad. 500 million dollars were spent by people on ultimate team alone and they still don't get it right. Get back to complaining about how all the development time is going to ultimate team though and that's why career mode is trash.

Eh, I pay $50-$60 for an offline experience that is rarely touched/updated post-release. UT is updated constantly. Anyone investing hundreds or thousands of dollars on VC for UT should know the risks. Hell, the first few times you buy packs and get nothing of value should be an instant wakeup. If you go past that point it's all on you. These types of games glitch and screw people over every year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »