Home

SCEA Bans Many Players for Using Exploits in MLB The Show 16

This is a discussion on SCEA Bans Many Players for Using Exploits in MLB The Show 16 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 01:53 PM   #9
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: SCEA Bans Many Players for Using Exploits in MLB The Show 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn
Or attempt to sell stubs for real world currency I guess.
Didn't realize that was possible. If that's the case, those people should be prosecuted since that is a form of fraud.
Old 06-28-2016, 02:20 PM   #10
MVP

TripleCrown's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsHockey08
I think this is great. Part of the reason I don't play online is because it seems to be filled with cheaters who only care about stats on a freaking video game. I play against my friends usually when I am online, there is nothing worse than getting cheated, not because of wins or losses, it just cheapens the experience and takes away all the enjoyment.

Exactly. They're ruining a fun experience. That's the why I'm not playing much online ( any games). If people are cheating for stubs in a video game, imagine what they can do in real life.

It's fun to follow them on Twitter claiming they've done nothing. Logs can't lie.

Good job SCEA, if they stick in that direction they may count one more online player in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-28-2016, 02:22 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 5

From Victor at theshownation.com

There was an exploit related to cancelling transactions on the marketplace. If someone took advantage of this exploit egregiously, their ID would have been flagged and banned. Flipping cards on the market is not an offense. Buying and quick selling is not an offense. It had more process than just cancelling an order.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2016, 03:05 PM   #12
Rookie

bobloblah1980's Arena

OVR: 1

This is great news! Stuff like this is 1 of the reasons I not only stopped playing online games any longer but I didn't renew my ps + membership. It's just not worth the aggravation any more
Old 06-28-2016, 03:08 PM   #13
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
Well deserved bans IMO. If people would stop trying to circumvent the system and actually get stubs the legit way, then we wouldn't have a problem, would we. Those that deliberately did this should be perma banned. Those that somehow did it by mistake, should get a temp ban but should be allowed to play again.

People try to cheat but when they get caught start screaming about lawsuits. LMAO. Really?
Old 06-28-2016, 03:09 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2
In my eyes the greed of companies to charge you for a game and then charge you for "cards" and all th micro transaction things is the issue here.... Greed feeds greed.

I have never and will never get involved with investing real money in cards that mean nothing when you can be playing a franchise mode.

The FIFA scandal to do with a similar mode shows that companies are just as bad as these users.

Unfortunately too many people make money and can make money from modes like this so they will always exist.
Old 06-28-2016, 03:20 PM   #15
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

LOL, I got members here sending me hate messages because I agree with this ban and highly doubt there were accidental banninngs smh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2016, 03:31 PM   #16
MVP

Jason_19's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
LOL, I got members here sending me hate messages because I agree with this ban and highly doubt there were accidental banninngs smh
I don't want to start anything, but I just wanted to say that I messaged Hustlin and I didn't intend for those to be hateful.

Hustlin', I always liked you. I still do even though you made me a little mad with how rude and dismissive you were being.

I didn't cheat the system and I never once knowingly did anything that awarded me free XP or stubs.

So, I apologize for the comments I messaged you. You seem like a good dude and I've always appreciated your helpful input on this forum.

Edit: Also, if you are getting hate messages, that sucks and I want to let you know that I had nothing to do with that. I haven't talked to anyone else about this except for two other people here and they're both very mature and very respected members.

Last edited by Jason_19; 06-28-2016 at 03:56 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »