Home

NASCAR Heat Evolution Video Interview with Plenty of Gameplay (IGN)

This is a discussion on NASCAR Heat Evolution Video Interview with Plenty of Gameplay (IGN) within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2016, 03:05 PM   #1
It's 5 o'clock somewhere

beau21's Arena

OVR: 24
NASCAR Heat Evolution Video Interview with Plenty of Gameplay (IGN)

IGN has posted a video interview with the team behind NASCAR Heat Evolution. Plenty more details about the game are revealed, along with some more gameplay.
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2016, 04:59 PM   #2
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NASCAR Heat Evolution Video Interview with Plenty of Gameplay (IGN)

Hmm, maybe it's the IGN stream's fault but this doesn't look like the current-gen leap I was expecting. For the most part it still looks like a PS3 Eutechnyx game. The night lighting is nice though.

It also looks like the default setting is arcade-ish (playing bumper cars with little or no repercussion) with the option to choose more sim-like settings. Hope that works out.
Old 06-28-2016, 05:06 PM   #3
MVP

RyanLaFalce's Arena

Definitely interested in watching simulation mode gameplay. Arcade doesn't look appealing. Amazing graphics though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 06-28-2016, 06:40 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 33
Nothing too exciting for me. It seems that Race Now just throws you into the Race with no Qualifying of Pre Race Presentation. Visually looks dated although the 40 Cars on track no doubt presents a big hurdle for developers in this regard.
Old 06-28-2016, 07:33 PM   #5
Rookie

DKHardee's Arena

OVR: 2
I think it does look better than the screenshots indicated. I don't like how the player was pushing down on Denny Hamlin so hard and Hamlin didn't spin. Hopefully on the sim setting that won't happen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2016, 07:47 PM   #6
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKHardee
I think it does look better than the screenshots indicated. I don't like how the player was pushing down on Denny Hamlin so hard and Hamlin didn't spin. Hopefully on the sim setting that won't happen.

Very very different on sim settings - I would go so far as to say night and day.
Old 06-28-2016, 08:13 PM   #7
Rookie

MichaelAngeloTMNT's Arena

Looks good, but still have cars bouncing off of each other and the wall will no effects of slowing down. More of an arcade than sim.
Old 06-29-2016, 12:13 PM   #8
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Looks alright. Looks like fun. Odd that there was no option to qualify or anything before that "race" mode race. I didn't like how glued the AI cars seem to the track, or how there's no slowdown by anyone when contact is made. I get that this isn't in the sim mode settings, so that has alot to do with it, but hopefully there's customization between the two modes of arcade and sim and it's not just one or the other. I'm sure there's some flexibility there.

Visually, I'm not sure what to think. It seems a bit blah for a next gen title. I was expecting to be wowed more, like Forza 6, or F1 racing from Codies. It just looks... blah. Hopefully it's just a bad feed or something, it just looks bright and washed out or something like that. As someone said previously, kind of like the old visuals from the previous gen games.

My last complaint... we still have to wait until September lol

The career mode, and the customization of your driver is pretty cool. Glad to have something like that. It looks like it's going to be fun to play. It'll be nice to have a nascar game back again. Excited to see more of it as we head towards september.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »