Home

MXGP 2 Review (PS4)

This is a discussion on MXGP 2 Review (PS4) within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2016, 11:01 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
MXGP 2 Review (PS4)

MXGP 2
's most enjoyable moments happen when your rider has the whole track to himself, and the only thing he's competing with is the digital stopwatch climbing higher in the corner of the screen. Time Attack is the only mode I've been able to appreciate in Milestone's third attempt at simulating the sport of motocross. Because once I started sharing the courses with 21 computer-controlled bikers, MXGP 2's unrealistic collisions and rudimentary AI ruined my fun.

Read More - MXGP 2 Review (PS4)
Platform: PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2016, 12:41 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 33
I'd give this a 7 purely on the fun value. It's a well put together game that is obviously limited by its budget but there's still plenty to enjoy.
Old 06-29-2016, 03:44 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
MXGP 2 is a chance lost. It is the most simulated motocross game. For the next game or maybe thanks a DLC add 3 points to your vote, if there will be the splitscreen mode.
Old 06-29-2016, 07:51 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: MXGP 2 Review (PS4)

I rate this as sports game of the year so far and have gotten many hours of enjoyment from this game over the past few months.

Enjoyed this much more than Madden,NBA2k or NHL this year and I have them all.
Old 06-30-2016, 06:56 AM   #5
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

The only thing I agree with in that review is the rider placement after you fall or go out of bounds, it needs to be addressed. The rest of the review sounds like we are playing two different games. He mentions in career mode 3 or 4 names always find their way to the front. I've completed 6 full seasons Two in 250 class, four in the 450 class and I' battled it out with at least a dozen different riders on the final lap of the race in each class.

I have no issues with the A.I. at all. I find them very competitive on the Realistic setting and before my bike was upgraded they gave me a run for my money on medium. I think they act fairly true to life, my very fist race the A.I. took me wide in a turn for the pass, loved it. If you've ever been to an MX race or even seen one on TV there is contact from time to time.

I think to really enjoy this game it helps to have some knowledge of the sport (block passing, finding the best lines, how to position the rider to get the most out of your bike) and to have some experience actually riding a dirt bike.

I love the sport I rode my *** off when I was younger, I had two friends that raced every weekend and we would compete on the pro track they had made on their property. This game takes me back to those days and I think it does a great job. I stand by my original impressions of this game, it's fantastic 9 out of 10

Last edited by JMD; 06-30-2016 at 07:06 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2016, 03:42 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I am absolutely loving this game. It is basically all I play. With that being said, I think this review is pretty spot on. The AI is atrocious in terms of having any sense of your rider being on the track. I am routinely booted off the track as the AI plows unknowingly into my rider. The inside corner takeout issue is ridiculous, and I can not stand the fact that a rider goes down ahead of you, but miraculously teleports back onto the track with little consequence. Lastly the AI following the exact same line always taking the inside line on a two line corner, shows the elementary AI that has been programmed. Oh one more thing the AI does not spread out enough. They ride around in a pack so the 12th place rider is only a few seconds off the 1st place rider in a 7 lap race.

Would love to see weather effects, more ground deformation, and some kind of crash penalty either to bike or rider.

I really do like the game, and actually bought it for both Xbox One, and PS$ versions. But the AI needs a lot of attention in my opinion.

Edit: Meant to add I have been riding MX since 1978, and continue to race to this day in the Vintage classes. I agree with JMD that actually riding does add an element to the game that a non rider would not understand. Unlike JMD, I still find the AI to be atrocious.

Last edited by chrisg19; 07-01-2016 at 03:46 PM.
Old 07-05-2016, 09:14 PM   #7
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
Caved and bought this on PS4. I don't play racing games often but if I do it has to be in first person . After watching some clips of the game in first person I took a shot and glad I did. It's super cool from that aspect and a fun game but I do agree that the teleporting needs to go and really hurts the experience.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »