Home

Some MLB The Show 16 Bans Are Being Lifted, Details Here

This is a discussion on Some MLB The Show 16 Bans Are Being Lifted, Details Here within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2016, 09:18 PM   #9
MVP

Jason_19's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Some MLB The Show 16 Bans Are Being Lifted, Details Here

My ban was one of those lifted. Whoo! Thank you, SCEA and possibly Ramone (if you played a part in that).

To let everyone know, since that's being discussed, I don't want anything for free - even though I wasted like 5 hours earlier starting over in building a nice little team of silver and gold players and recreating my uniforms. haha

The only thing I would like is for people to not jump to conclusions in instances like that.

I made about 12,000 stubs in about 3 hours off and on and built myself a nice little team that I had fun playing with. Hopefully, I didn't activate any unknown exploits creating and cancelling orders. I had about 16 pages of transaction in about 2 hours worth of flipping.

I would love to play with lower rated players (bronze and silver players), but playing with those types of players in the category I'm in (with around a 1,900 rating) would be way too tough.

If any legit somewhat to very skilled players want to play with bronze, silver and/or even a couple of gold players, feel free to message me and/or add me for the PS4 version. My PSN is Saved__By__Grace (there are two underscores in between each word for a total of 4 underscores).

Last edited by Jason_19; 07-01-2016 at 10:55 PM.
Old 07-01-2016, 09:49 PM   #10
RLB
Rookie

RLB's Arena

OVR: 0

I hate the way this was handled and here is why, first off I was born in the 50s. The Apple computer I had in school was two pieces of wood with three rods ran thru them and apples you slid back and forth. We didn't have calculators but we did get a slide rule that I am still confused on.

With that being said, I don't play online and never have but if I did and unless it was really obvious I probably would not have known I was doing anything wrong. People flip stocks, cars and houses all the time. I only go online to update patches, download a roster or two. I am assuming the number in the upper right of the screen is stubs? Or maybe it is experience points, I am not sure.

This years game other than the graphics improvements to me has a lot of things that need corrected. The little things theme sure got lost along the way this year and now apparently there is a flaw in the Sony stub market. I hope they concern their selves with at least another patch for the game as quick as they jumped on their own bug.

Just my two cents.
Old 07-01-2016, 10:33 PM   #11
Rookie

aochaz14's Arena

OVR: 2
I was one of the wrongfully banned players. I find this whole fiasco on par with how they have handled all of the show's problems so far this year. They really need to find a new cover boy with some better PR skills as what they have now is nothing but rude and condescending. As a poster on TCN put it, it took me 5 minutes to figure out what took them a full week. I don't want any compensation, no packs, no stubs, just an apology. There's a laugh.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2016, 10:34 PM   #12
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm happy that it's getting ironed out and some of the bans are being lifted.

Last edited by extremeskins04; 07-01-2016 at 10:41 PM.
Old 07-01-2016, 11:46 PM   #13
Rookie

Cam Fan's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by aochaz14
I was one of the wrongfully banned players. I find this whole fiasco on par with how they have handled all of the show's problems so far this year. They really need to find a new cover boy with some better PR skills as what they have now is nothing but rude and condescending. As a poster on TCN put it, it took me 5 minutes to figure out what took them a full week. I don't want any compensation, no packs, no stubs, just an apology. There's a laugh.
By cover boy do you mean Ramone?
Old 07-02-2016, 12:03 AM   #14
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by aochaz14
Maybe once they figure everything out and lift all the bans that they need, they'll make an apology tweet or something.

There were still plenty of folks that are justifiably banned and those people are still crying wolf.
Old 07-02-2016, 05:30 AM   #15
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Man, all the people who said everyone banned was a bona-fide cheater and they all got what they deserved look pretty silly now.

I knew all of these people didn't cheat, at least not willingly. Good for the people who got unbanned that were wrongly accused.

To the people who said all parties were guilty because SDS said so, shame on you. Innocent until proven guilty is how the real world works. Not guilty because the guys who make your favorite game say so.

Congrats again to the guys that got unbanned. Justice is usually always served. Happy gaming!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2016, 08:05 AM   #16

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
And I agree with the Twitter. That's unprofessional anyway (even if true, why even put it out there...if you know he did that, just leave him banned and move on. Why respond?) and, like you said, if the data really is flawed or otherwise potentially muddied - why be so "certain"?
That's Ramone's personal Twitter. If people want to seek him out in a public way, he can respond however he wants in a public way. It's not like he was tweeting from The Show official account calling people out. That would be unprofessional.

Just because we have unprecedented ways to access people through personal channels doesn't mean that relationship is there magically.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »