Home

EA Sports UFC 2 Free Trial Arrives July 6 - July 11, Play Full Game For 5 Hours

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 2 Free Trial Arrives July 6 - July 11, Play Full Game For 5 Hours within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2016, 01:49 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Bout time. They should've done this a week before release.
Old 07-04-2016, 08:32 PM   #10
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Re: EA Sports UFC 2 Free Trial Arrives July 6 - July 11, Play Full Game For 5 Hours

EA is really shooting themselves in the mouth here imo.

They really should have addressed high block and other issues before releasing demo, if they expect people that play demo to play online.

They also really should have included a halfway decent tutorial before releasing a demo.

I'm saying this because it's a decent amount into the current game life cycle.

Lot of dudes are probably going to be confused by what's going on in they play online, and no real offline tutorial to help.

This certainly won't boost ufc 2 sales, and could very likely hurt ufc 3 sales.

If you are releasing a demo so late, why not fix the game first. Another option would be give people more than 5 hours to figure stuff out. Chances are high of anybody trying demo goes online and runs into any of the high percentage of knuckleheads they will delete the game and never play again.

Especially because the in game instructions aren't presented very well, at all.
Old 07-04-2016, 09:14 PM   #11
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: EA Sports UFC 2 Free Trial Arrives July 6 - July 11, Play Full Game For 5 Hours

I think you're overestimating the fan that will probably try this out. the hardcore guys already have or have had this game.

I'd guess this is aimed at the more casual fan that'll be watching 200 because their hardcore MMA fan of a buddy is ordering it. The casual guy just wants to play rock em sock em and see knockouts.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2016, 09:19 PM   #12
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
EA is really shooting themselves in the mouth here imo.

They really should have addressed high block and other issues before releasing demo, if they expect people that play demo to play online.

They also really should have included a halfway decent tutorial before releasing a demo.

I'm saying this because it's a decent amount into the current game life cycle.

Lot of dudes are probably going to be confused by what's going on in they play online, and no real offline tutorial to help.

This certainly won't boost ufc 2 sales, and could very likely hurt ufc 3 sales.

If you are releasing a demo so late, why not fix the game first. Another option would be give people more than 5 hours to figure stuff out. Chances are high of anybody trying demo goes online and runs into any of the high percentage of knuckleheads they will delete the game and never play again.

Especially because the in game instructions aren't presented very well, at all.
I dont see how that would happen. Casual fans who dont give a **** about the high block or magic combos or the combo modifier will give the game a whirl and like or not.

If they dont like it...they wont buy it. If they do, they will find it on sale and likely buy it immediately. Even if they hate it, I find it hard to believe that would make them not buy a future game that wont likely be out for a year or so.
Old 07-04-2016, 09:34 PM   #13
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

I can see your point.

I just got message from friend list today asking about when the demo was available, and I couldn't help but think they better not go online in that 5 hours if they are potentially interested in game.
Old 07-04-2016, 09:36 PM   #14
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
I can see your point.

I just got message from friend list today asking about when the demo was available, and I couldn't help but think they better not go online in that 5 hours if they are potentially interested in game.
If they go online, they will just think "I suck and I need to get better at the game". Most people playing this game have no idea about the meta.
Old 07-04-2016, 09:44 PM   #15
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
If they go online, they will just think "I suck and I need to get better at the game". Most people playing this game have no idea about the meta.
I have a feeling your gunna see a lot of people just playing the AI for the 5 hours. That or people trying UT to see what that is about. I doubt online play will be there first thing when they play this game with this huge roster.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2016, 09:46 PM   #16
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

I'm not talking about the meta. I'm talking about the high percentage of people that play on ps4 that play like knuckleheads that will detract people from playing.

I think the in game instruction is terrible, and should be fixed. I believe EA said themselves more patches will be released. So if they've waited this long why not wait for finished version of the game .

Always so disagreeable alholbert, always.

Last edited by Dave_S; 07-04-2016 at 09:55 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »