Home

EA Sports UFC 2 Free Trial Arrives July 6 - July 11, Play Full Game For 5 Hours

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 2 Free Trial Arrives July 6 - July 11, Play Full Game For 5 Hours within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2016, 10:16 PM   #17
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC 2 Free Trial Arrives July 6 - July 11, Play Full Game For 5 Hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
If they go online, they will just think "I suck and I need to get better at the game". Most people playing this game have no idea about the meta.
If they go online, they'll likely be playing a lot of other people who are going online for the first time.
Old 07-04-2016, 10:18 PM   #18
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Re: EA Sports UFC 2 Free Trial Arrives July 6 - July 11, Play Full Game For 5 Hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
So if they've waited this long why not wait for finished version of the game .
The game was finished a while ago, all that's being done now are some minor tweaks.

And why not wait until all the tweaks are done with?

Besides the fact that it will never be done, UFC 200 and IFW are pretty good reasons to do it now.
Old 07-04-2016, 10:23 PM   #19
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Sometimes it feels like minor tweaks have resulted in pretty drastic changes in online gameplay. Wasn't UFC 1 finished at some point for quite a decent period of time before the 2nd game was released?

If EA suspected new users would ever be playing the game they would be doing them and a large portion of the community a good service by revamping tutorial.
Old 07-04-2016, 10:23 PM   #20
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
The game was finished a while ago, all that's being done now are some minor tweaks.

And why not wait until all the tweaks are done with?

Besides the fact that it will never be done, UFC 200 and IFW are pretty good reasons to do it now.
GPD I think the game right now is pretty balanced and online gameplay now has become really fun besides the few hit stuns, but other then that this is the best place UFC 2 has been in and I hope the tweaks are just small minor things.
Old 07-04-2016, 10:24 PM   #21
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
I'm not talking about the meta. I'm talking about the high percentage of people that play on ps4 that play like knuckleheads that will detract people from playing.

I think the in game instruction is terrible, and should be fixed. I believe EA said themselves more patches will be released. So if they've waited this long why not wait for finished version of the game .

Always so disagreeable alholbert, always.
Welcome to OS.

Here, if I (or any of the thousands of other registered users) disagree with you, we are going to say so. I dont have a problem if people disagree with me as long as you say why and your reason makes sense. Debate is encouraged here as long as it is constructive and not an attack.

For example, I disagree with a bunch of the stuff you say here. Just because the game is being patched doesnt mean that it isnt "finished". Just because there are some "knuckleheads" playing online doesnt mean that people will automatically get a bad impression of the game.

The fact is this is week is one of the biggest weeks in UFC history so it makes sense that EA would want to bring attention to the game and give people a chance to try it. Its not going to scare people away and its not gonna scare people from buying UFC 3 when or if it comes out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2016, 10:30 PM   #22
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

I wasn't talking about you disagreeing with me dude, that's completely understandable. In general you disagree with everyone, at least in mma section.

Big Cee and others may love the game in its current form, and that's fantastic.

I'm my and other people's reality this mythical forcefield high block needs tweaked, saying the game is finished with current system of forearms in front of face defense is nonsensical imo.

If the turtle block if the future of the franchise, well I can't imagine supporting that in the future, not that my $60 will be missed by EA or anything.

Last edited by Dave_S; 07-04-2016 at 10:33 PM.
Old 07-04-2016, 10:34 PM   #23
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Quote:
I wasn't talking about you disagreeing with me dude, that's completely understandable. In general you disagree with everyone, at least in mma section.

Big Cee and others may love the game in its current form, and that's fantastic.

I'm my and other people's reality this mythical forcefield high block needs tweaked, saying the game is finished with current system of forearms in front of face defense is nonsensical imo.
You may not like the gameplay mechanics but that don't mean the game ain't finshed. Also the high block is not a force field, you just need to play people who are good at striking or can break you down, but still if it's that bad why don't you ever try GNP.

Can weak block be fixed sure but then the KO's would be crazy with the combos people throw out now and add lag on top of that. Ohhhhhhh the MADNESS!!!

Last edited by Bigg Cee; 07-04-2016 at 10:37 PM.
Old 07-04-2016, 10:36 PM   #24
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

There is no weak block in the game Big Cee.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »