Home

How Would You Rebuild the OKC Thunder?

This is a discussion on How Would You Rebuild the OKC Thunder? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2016, 03:43 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
How Would You Rebuild the OKC Thunder?

As much attention as the other end of the Durant to the Warriors signing is getting -- the more intriguing option for NBA 2K GMs may be the Oklahoma City Thunder.

The Thunder are stuck in a pretty tough position in that they have to sign Russell Westbrook to a long-term deal to have any shot at contending in the west long-term -- or they face the prospect of a long and lengthy rebuilding process.

There's been a lot of rumors out and about with the Thunder possibly shopping Westbrook for a trade -- but how high is Westbrook's value without any type of long-term deal assurances out there?

And then you have Westbrook himself, who will have plenty of options in free agency after this year which are at least as good as OKC.

And let's face it, in NBA 2K it may be far easier to re-sign Westbrook long-term than it will be in real-life (infinitely so in this guy's opinion). Thus, what would you do as the GM of the Westbrook-led (for a year) Thunder? Do you trade him? Sign him? Lose him?

What pieces do you look for to build the Thunder into perennial contenders? Sound off in the comments!
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2016, 03:51 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: How Would You Rebuild the OKC Thunder?

Move them to Seattle.

Seriously, you have to trade Russ this year if you can. Get Russell and Randle or whatever you can get for him. They are unfortunately are going to have to hit on a top lotto pick again.

I don't think we will see a team have such a gold mine like they did of young talent.
Old 07-11-2016, 04:04 PM   #3
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

OVR: 0
Agree. But if the Lakers are fairly confident they can sign Westbrook then they don't need to trade Randle and Russell. Could trade Russell elsewhere and hang onto Randle.
Old 07-11-2016, 04:10 PM   #4
Rookie

Trade Westbrook asap. You want to avoid any situation such as injuries. Not saying he will, but you never know.
Old 07-11-2016, 04:24 PM   #5
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

Funny thing is, back in the 2011 Western finals, I was thinking to myself, "This is the Mavs' time, we've been building this team since Dirk got here. OKC will obviously have the brighter future, but lets get 1 this year."

And now 5 years later OKC got to the tanking/rebuilding stage quicker than Dallas.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2016, 04:42 PM   #6
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

If we are talking about real life as the GM I think you have trade him but not real sure any team is going to give them a huge package of picks and players. I don't see him staying in OKC but I also don't see teams willing to give up years of future picks for him outside of teams that don't expect to have high picks. A team like the Lakers might be willing to part this Russell but not much else if they feel like they have the chance of signing him.

As for 2k16 I would trade him to a pack that nets me a ton of picks that I know will be lottery picks. I can use them to draft players or as trade bait for players that can help me. I would use all that cap space to target a few mid level free agents that can help win games now while the young guys learn the game. I would target my 3rd season as the one where I try to make a push in the West. The more you lose early only helps you in the long run since you will be drafting higher.
Old 07-11-2016, 11:24 PM   #7
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
Move them back to Seattle, so free agents want to sign with them.
Old 07-11-2016, 11:27 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by asu666
Move them back to Seattle, so free agents want to sign with them.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha like being in Seattle with no superstars is going to help them land free agents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »