Home

New Attacking Techniques in FIFA 17 (Trailer & Interview)

This is a discussion on New Attacking Techniques in FIFA 17 (Trailer & Interview) within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2016, 11:43 PM   #9
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: New Attacking Techniques in FIFA 17 (Trailer & Interview)

Quote:
Originally Posted by talucchesi
So I don't want to take full credit for this but ahh...... http://www.operationsports.com/forum...low-shots.html
My first thought was that thread.

Good stuff EA!
Old 07-13-2016, 03:43 AM   #10
Rookie

integer's Arena

OVR: 0
All these "new" features, please don't be over powered.
Old 07-13-2016, 08:00 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: New Attacking Techniques in FIFA 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
This can be done on FIFA 16 with shot speed higher and shot error higher. Have scored, and been scored on, some beauties as a result.

Eitherway, I am very glad to see some emphasis on ball physics and shot variety as a result.
I donīt know if there is a difference in ball physics, a couple of days ago saw a video of E3 i believe, and 3 things from past Fifaá all happened:

the ball hitting the post a lot.

the ball hitting the post and coming back straight to the attackers feet to score.

the ball hitting the bar and then the back of the keeper

If the ball physics were really different, these 3 things probably would stop happening so frequently...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2016, 09:14 PM   #12
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTBFFH
Yesss. So many goals like these every weekend in the Prem. A very welcome addition. I hope to see some more defensive awareness as far as blocks and tackles go, though.

Eder just won the Euros for Portugal with a low driven shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-14-2016, 05:02 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

I kind of gave my thoughts on the Gameplay Features in this thread earlier, but I decided to just compile it into a video.

Old 07-14-2016, 02:21 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
I kind of gave my thoughts on the Gameplay Features in this thread earlier, but I decided to just compile it into a video.

You are spot on about the ball trajectory and speed, although, about the speed, i donīt know if itīs the ball going slowly or the fact that it misses that blur we are used to see in the real world.

Anyway, i can live with the speed issue, but the trajectory thing kills the imersion a bit. I remember seeing the same issue in past FIFAīs (much less in 16, but very present before that), in crosses specially. If we cross from the right side for example, with the right foot, the ball usually does this trajectory ) yes, this is parenthesis, just to exemplify what the ball does in the situation describe. But sometimes in FIFA, at the midway point of that trajectory, the ball goes to the other side, like, if the wind caught it!

Donīt know if im explaining this well enough...
Old 07-14-2016, 04:01 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunogomes
You are spot on about the ball trajectory and speed, although, about the speed, i donīt know if itīs the ball going slowly or the fact that it misses that blur we are used to see in the real world.

Anyway, i can live with the speed issue, but the trajectory thing kills the imersion a bit. I remember seeing the same issue in past FIFAīs (much less in 16, but very present before that), in crosses specially. If we cross from the right side for example, with the right foot, the ball usually does this trajectory ) yes, this is parenthesis, just to exemplify what the ball does in the situation describe. But sometimes in FIFA, at the midway point of that trajectory, the ball goes to the other side, like, if the wind caught it!

Donīt know if im explaining this well enough...
Makes perfect sense actually. Love the diagrams, my friend

Yes, I think you bring up a great point about the trajectory and curvature of the ball on crosses. It's like the players haven't turned their hips enough. Which would make sense since they do cross the ball out of bounds so often.

The odd part about the velocity in the cross is that it only translates to height of the ball. So if you triple tap cross, you get a very vicious low ball, but if you do a regular cross, the ball kind of floats into the box. I think that float effect is a product of what you're talking about, where the ball is starting to spin the other way (towards the goal, when it should be going away from the goal, when crossing on the right side).

Good stuff, Nuno!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2016, 08:57 PM   #16
Pro

talucchesi's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:

I actually completely disagree with what you're saying about the ball trajectories Matt. I'm trying to find a video example of James taking a FK with the outside of his foot from that camera angel but it doesn't exist.

Which brings me to my biggest gripe...

You shouldn't be able to use this technique with just anyone. The percentage of players that use the outside of their foot on FK's in world football has to be <5%

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »