Home

EA's NHL Developers Answer More Community Questions

This is a discussion on EA's NHL Developers Answer More Community Questions within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2016, 09:00 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by snc237
I feel a lot of omissions are do to lack of team size. So many things that are easy additions yet are left out. Madden and Fifa would never have this problem. Only one pause per game is fantastic.. Yet now I have no ability to call timeout if I have already used pause. Or ability to save Ranked online VS line ups. Madden allows you to do it and they have roster updates every week apposed to NHLs 4 a years (or so it seems). I can understand 5 man celebrations to a larger extent as its sooo much easier just adding individual celebrations but those small things that are missing probably sting even more to me.
You have to write individual pieces of code for each celebration. I don't know how many new ones there are, but there are dozens. Could have easily cut down on them by half and used the other slots for code dedicated toward the line celebration. This code can be ported over year after year like they do for other animations.
Old 07-19-2016, 09:49 AM   #18
Pro

T5063's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: EA's NHL Developers Answer More Community Questions

The cumulative goal total that was "broken" for the past two years was on the stats bar that pops down under the score ticker after a goal was scored, not on the NBC presentation part. The NBC part did not show how many goals the players scored during the game or season.

This bar was there for years before the NBC presentation package was even implemented so I don't know what the devs are talking about. But yeah, like a previous poster said, the problem was a simple coding error that could have been fixed in a patch. There was no need to overhaul the whole presentation package lol.

Either way, I'm glad they finally fixed it.

Last edited by T5063; 07-19-2016 at 09:51 AM.
Old 07-19-2016, 12:49 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by snc237
I feel a lot of omissions are do to lack of team size. So many things that are easy additions yet are left out. Madden and Fifa would never have this problem. Only one pause per game is fantastic.. Yet now I have no ability to call timeout if I have already used pause. Or ability to save Ranked online VS line ups. Madden allows you to do it and they have roster updates every week apposed to NHLs 4 a years (or so it seems). I can understand 5 man celebrations to a larger extent as its sooo much easier just adding individual celebrations but those small things that are missing probably sting even more to me.
A new blog went up today that specifically mentions you can still use your timeout - https://www.easports.com/nhl/news/20...y-series-eashl
Old 07-19-2016, 12:56 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gleebo
Here is a crazy idea remove all the mascot related cut scenes and you should free up enough memory/code (whatever) to add more needed/requested items.

As well please give walking papers to the person(s) who thought adding the mascots was giving the players what they wanted...
It's not about freeing up code or memory. Adding static presentation elements like mascots isn't near as complex as something dynamic like real time, multi-player celebrations.

It looks like they're adding a lot of things people asked for. Not everything of course. That's going to take time, but so far things are looking good.
Old 07-19-2016, 06:13 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3
I like the detailed defensive skill stick answer. The team is acting more transparent in their explanations. Thanks EA NHL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2016, 08:59 AM   #22
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

As much as I'm disappointed by the lack of 5 man celebration I can kind of see what he's talking about. To create 5 man celebrations to include every single player in the game could be time consuming I suppose. The more real faces they add to the harder it gets. If we can't get the five man celebrations this year I wish at least they could do something about the other two players skating away from the celebration like nothing just happened. That makes the whole thing look even worse. At least skate towards the celebration or raise their sticks or something. Even much older versions had all players raise their arms and sticks when a goal was scored
Old 07-20-2016, 09:26 AM   #23
EA Game Changer

KidShowtime's Arena

OVR: 4
This "Q&A" was not officially done with the developers, and it should be noted in the article:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/preList/10413999/35695775.page#35695775
Old 07-20-2016, 12:08 PM   #24
Rookie

gopens71's Arena

Super close up view of the players faces look terrible, looks like swollen, square frankenstein faces

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »