Home

Madden NFL 17 Screenshots - Arian Foster in Miami Dolphins Gear

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Screenshots - Arian Foster in Miami Dolphins Gear within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2016, 10:28 AM   #17
Rookie

rjcoco's Arena

OVR: 0
How do we get this renovation in its first year, yet Lincoln Financial Stadium in Philly still has the Spectrum in the background that has been demolished since 2010?
Old 07-19-2016, 12:11 PM   #18
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Madden NFL 17 Screenshots - Arian Foster in Miami Dolphins Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
I'm a Dolphins fan and...

ugh. This signing.

Personally, I feel the opposite about it.

Jay Ajayi is an injury concern himself with his knee problems. Drake is injury prone as well by the looks of things. Both are unproven, and very young and inexperienced. A veteran presence in the RB room was needed.

If Foster stays healthy, which Miami obviously is banking on with their focus sports science and injury management, it's a no brainer. All three backs now have similar skillsets, zone runners, receiving ability, Gase loves his RB's to be able to be receivers out of the backfield, and all (at least Ajayi and foster) are capable of playing on all three downs.

Top it off, with a 1.5m contract, with up to 3 or so in incentives. Even if he gets hurt, you're not hurting the team financially and under the cap.

I don't have any issues with the move at all for Miami. If they signed him for 4 years, and 25 million, then yeah... I'd be shaking my head saying same old Dolphins. I don't see the issue with this move.
Old 07-19-2016, 12:17 PM   #19
Pro

Gilley's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjcoco
How do we get this renovation in its first year, yet Lincoln Financial Stadium in Philly still has the Spectrum in the background that has been demolished since 2010?
Are you being serious? You can't even compare those two things.
Old 07-19-2016, 12:19 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 4

It looks like some people want their favorite NFL teams to be run as if it were Madden, or even the NBA with regards to tanking. "Yeah, we only got low OVR players... Let's just play the younger players so that they gain XP and we're better next year".

In the NFL, anything can happen and giving big roles to young guys just because they are young would be stupid.

Yeah, they drafted Drake and Ayayi but if they haven't seem enough or feel like they need more depth, of course they need to bring guys with experience in. A football team also needs to try and put a decent product out, and if the best argument for playing the younger guys is their youth, then you are probably looking at it from a video game perspective.

Acting as if 6-10 is the same as 8-8 only with a better draft pick is too simplistic in the realm of reality, these are dudes putting their health on the line, so obviously a team should and would put their best effort towards winning as many games as possible, and if young players don't provide that (at least in the eyes of the team) then obviously they need to bring more veteran (and cheap) salary.
Old 07-19-2016, 12:52 PM   #21
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
It looks like some people want their favorite NFL teams to be run as if it were Madden, or even the NBA with regards to tanking. "Yeah, we only got low OVR players... Let's just play the younger players so that they gain XP and we're better next year".

In the NFL, anything can happen and giving big roles to young guys just because they are young would be stupid.

Yeah, they drafted Drake and Ayayi but if they haven't seem enough or feel like they need more depth, of course they need to bring guys with experience in. A football team also needs to try and put a decent product out, and if the best argument for playing the younger guys is their youth, then you are probably looking at it from a video game perspective.

Acting as if 6-10 is the same as 8-8 only with a better draft pick is too simplistic in the realm of reality, these are dudes putting their health on the line, so obviously a team should and would put their best effort towards winning as many games as possible, and if young players don't provide that (at least in the eyes of the team) then obviously they need to bring more veteran (and cheap) salary.
No, it's in terms of what the team has already invested in those players. If you draft a position in 2 straight drafts, you should be prepared to play the players you've drafted, that you've spent draft picks on, NOT to insert an older, injury-prone player above them. You can't see what Drake or Ajayi can provide if Arian Foster is taking half their carries.

And yes, if I want my team to be better, I would rather them go 6-10 than 8-8. The Colts, as one example, could have signed a stop-gap QB the year they got the #1 overall pick. Instead, they rolled with Curtis freaking Painter and got Andrew Luck.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2016, 01:23 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
No, it's in terms of what the team has already invested in those players. If you draft a position in 2 straight drafts, you should be prepared to play the players you've drafted, that you've spent draft picks on, NOT to insert an older, injury-prone player above them. You can't see what Drake or Ajayi can provide if Arian Foster is taking half their carries.

And yes, if I want my team to be better, I would rather them go 6-10 than 8-8. The Colts, as one example, could have signed a stop-gap QB the year they got the #1 overall pick. Instead, they rolled with Curtis freaking Painter and got Andrew Luck.
I'm not gonna harp on this longer because it seems to me you are purely looking at this as a fan. Bottom line: the move makes sense from a football standpoint.

Having invested two picks on consecutive drafts on one position doesn't force a team to play those players if they are not sure they would produce/make them better. The Patriots drafted Malcolm Brown in the 1st last year, then drafted Valentine in the 3rd this year and still went and signed Knighton, Kuhn and Kearse... And again, no team knows how many games they would win until the season is well underway so the "Pats are contenders" argument doesn't really work.

If the coaches themselves haven't seen enough from Ayayi or Drake in OTA's, the team should definitely go get other players (who they are is another issue). Washington, for example, feels comfortable with Matt Jones as RB and did not feel the need to bring in someone like Foster who would fit their scheme. It is al about how good you feel about your players, regardless of their time in the league.

Regarding the draft position, again if yu want to look at it purely as a fan that is cool, but it would be insane for ANY team to go into a year not trying to achieve the best possible record
Old 07-19-2016, 01:29 PM   #23
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Update, this photo was just put on IR
Old 07-19-2016, 02:27 PM   #24
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

It’s a good cap friendly signing and if Aaron Foster returns anything close to form it’s a steal. You have to think Foster can do it all on offense and doesn’t have to come off the field. Plus JA has had injury concerns as well so lightening the load is a good idea.

If it doesn’t work out they can release him after this year without it hurting the cap. Since 2010 no other RB has more 100 yard games than Foster, AP is 2nd.

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »