Home

Konami Announces Premium Partnership with FC Barcelona For PES 2017 - New Trailer

This is a discussion on Konami Announces Premium Partnership with FC Barcelona For PES 2017 - New Trailer within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2016, 10:14 AM   #9
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
I get the whole going after exclusive licensing, and EA deserves this retaliation full force, but it won't really make a change. Either way, that teailer was AMAZING! Shirtless Neymar, SHIRTLESS CELEBRATIONS??? Or just Neymar?
Old 07-26-2016, 10:36 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 12
This game looks really, really good. The menus look awesome! I would just play for that alone. It seems like they will have really, very indepth soccer play. I can't wait to see this in action. Awesome job on the User Interface. The play graphics and animations and models also look awesome. Great job thus far PES.
Old 07-26-2016, 11:10 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0
The official press release doesn't include the world exclusive, it's only used in social media, where context can be twisted quite easily. The bullet list is not from the official press release. https://www.konami.com/games/corporate/en/news/release/20160726/?cm_sp=01-_-release-_-20160726-e
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2016, 12:47 PM   #12
Rookie

KennyJ1976's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Yeah, I remember Camp Nou wasn't in FIFA for a while. Like you said, PES playing the license game to compete with FIFA isn't exactly the best strategy.

I like PES, but I don't know if this is money well spent for them. We'll see.
They don't have a choice. If Konami doesn't go after exclusive licenses, EA would get them all. If the Camp Nou isn't in FIFA 17, maybe EA will relax in the future on exclusive licenses and let gameplay and modes decide who has the better soccer game. Highly unlikely but maybe.
Old 07-26-2016, 01:37 PM   #13

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Konami Announces Premium Partnership with FC Barcelona For PES 2017 - New Trailer

Camp Nou will be exclusive to PES through 2020. Wow, lol. Poor EA.
Old 07-26-2016, 01:43 PM   #14
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Konami Announces Premium Partnership with FC Barcelona For PES 2017 - New Trailer

They added some more details on the edit mode at Konami's website:

https://www.konami.com/wepes/2017/eu...t-uniform-edit

Edit Data Sharing Available for PS4
Share your create teams and players with other only through easy transfer via USB
Data sharing is multiregional, allowing European users to share with fans from US or Asia

Edit improvements

Batch Import *Exclusive to PlayStation®4 system

Import all your edited kits and player data as a batch on your USB. Select your team and apply the data you choose.
Kit Edit

Adjust how high you want to show the team name and squad number.
With the improvement now allowing to change the resolution of the images you can read more images than the limited amount in the past. (e.g. Change the 2048 x 2048 desolution to 1024 x 1024, and you can add up to 1000 patterns for kits)

Looks like kits can be created more detailed than ever for the consoles.

Last edited by RoyceDa59; 07-26-2016 at 01:45 PM.
Old 07-26-2016, 02:22 PM   #15
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Looks like kits can be created more detailed than ever for the consoles.
Interesting. If you can add league patches, it's possible that PES user creations will be more authentic than the officially licensed FIFA kits (since EA won't allow "SkyBet" in the game for whatever reason).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2016, 02:55 PM   #16

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
They added some more details on the edit mode at Konami's website:

https://www.konami.com/wepes/2017/eu...t-uniform-edit

Edit Data Sharing Available for PS4
Share your create teams and players with other only through easy transfer via USB
Data sharing is multiregional, allowing European users to share with fans from US or Asia

Edit improvements

Batch Import *Exclusive to PlayStation®4 system

Import all your edited kits and player data as a batch on your USB. Select your team and apply the data you choose.

Hmm, this doesn't sound exactly like what option files used to be. If we have to go to each team, and assign each kit (home/away/keeper) and logo one by one, that doesn't sound much different than last year. I barely made it through the Premier League by itself before I lost patience with it. And now with La Liga teams needing logos and kits added, I can't imagine many going through that entire process.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »