Home

Madden NFL 17 Player Ratings - Top 5 Outside Linebackers

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Player Ratings - Top 5 Outside Linebackers within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2016, 01:25 PM   #9
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 17 Player Ratings - Top 5 Outside Linebackers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazzen
Where's Thomas Davis? Pro Bowl starter last year right?
There is always a bias towards pass rush 3-4 OLBs instead of the tackling 4-3 WLB and SLBs. They generate sacks and change games more often therefore get rated higher.
Old 07-28-2016, 01:26 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcooks
No disrespect to Von Miller cause he is a great player, but Khalil Mack is a better overall outside backer. He is stronger, had more sacks, and is much better in stopping the run. Von been doing it for a while so I understand, but 99 is for players that have no weaknesses i.e JJ Watt, Gronk, Cam, Brady, A rodg (with Jordy nelson). I think the ratings should've been like this at worse
1. Khalil Mack 98 (first team all pro in two positions on the raiders D cmon now)
2.Von Miller 97 (out of respect, and playing big in superbowl, could be a lil lower but he has my respect, also he is pretty good in coverage)
3.Justin Houston 96 (a beast, at his best is better than Von, since he is great against the run)
4. Thomas Davis 93 (a anchor for one of the best defenses the past couple years.)
5.Jamie Collins 91 (great overall player)

Hightower I thought was a ILB, and McPhee I don't watch enough to rate honestly.
Mack is a great player but I have no problem with Von being ahead of him. I don't understand your thinking on being "much better at stopping the run." That has been one of his strong suits since entering the league. Not sure why you are selling this as a weak part of his game. Plus Von can adequately cover when called upon.
Old 07-28-2016, 01:29 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwing7
Mack is a great player but I have no problem with Von being ahead of him. I don't understand your thinking on being "much better at stopping the run." That has been one of his strong suits since entering the league. Not sure why you are selling this as a weak part of his game. Plus Von can adequately cover when called upon.
Im not saying he sucks against the run. Im saying Khalil is better. Khalil was one tackle ahead and 2 sacks behind JJ watt last year with 77 and 15 sacks. Von had 35 with 11 sacks. For a dude that's 5 points better overall. I don't see how that is the case. He is on a much better defense so if anything his numbers should be better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2016, 01:36 PM   #12
Banned

Its telling that the players ranked Khalil above Von on the top 100 also. I like Von, but when talking overall ratings. The game is more than rushing the passer and occasionally dropping into coverage.
Old 07-28-2016, 01:38 PM   #13
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

Pernell McPhee, better than Clay? LMAO yeah ok.

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Old 07-28-2016, 01:41 PM   #14
Rookie

SamDezzy43's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12

Isn't Clay an ILB now? Plus he has been slowly declining
Old 07-28-2016, 01:49 PM   #15
Rookie

Yazan Gable's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
Yeah, that great inner linebacker Clay Matthews should totally be on this list.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcooks
Its telling that the players ranked Khalil above Von on the top 100 also. I like Von, but when talking overall ratings. The game is more than rushing the passer and occasionally dropping into coverage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazan Gable
Lord knows those players are very reliable and knowledgeable about year-end ranking of players, having put Adrian Peterson as one of the top 100 best players in 2014 despite not actually playing a single down in 2014 and Andrew Luck being in the Top 100 list this past year despite playing limited games and badly for most of them with injury.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2016, 01:56 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazan Gable
Yeah, that great inner linebacker Clay Matthews should totally be on this list.
The list isn't for the past year only. Its going forward. Its the best players entering the next season. Hence why the retired players are not on the list...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »