Home

EA Sports is the Official Video Game Partner of Bayern Munich

This is a discussion on EA Sports is the Official Video Game Partner of Bayern Munich within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2016, 05:27 AM   #9
Rookie

KennyJ1976's Arena

OVR: 0
I've been looking around and I can't find anything saying Bayern Munich or Juventus are exclusive to FIFA. Maybe these deals just gives EA more access to these clubs. I hope this is the case because PES can't afford to lose anymore teams or stadiums.
Old 08-02-2016, 06:03 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2
To be honest I think the wording of both this and the Barca announcement are intentionally confusing.

A few years back Manchester United was official partners with a non EA game and get Old Trafford and Manchester United was fully licensed and featured in the game.

FIFA has always has stacks and stacks of licensed teams and stadiums and PES has not. That's just the way the different companies have always done it. EA throw bags of money at it and secure the casual fans and Konami didn't.

PES was the underdog and the cool kids liked that and the editing aspect. It actually helped it become a cult classic.

I don't think fully licensed it would have got the following it did.

I hope FIFA continue to get the licenses and have as many real life league structures and tournament as possible.

I like to play and invest time in a football game with a realistic Vitual world I can manage and play in.

FIFA have always given me that, PES have never tried... I don't like the master league... It's not realistic.

I still buy PES most years and enjoy the odd game/cup in it but my main football fix comes from the manager mode in FIFA which is getting better all the time.

Complete premier league stadiums was a joy last year.

I'd like Alan smith off the commentary and more classic kits/teams but other than that FIFA is always a solid choice for me
Old 08-02-2016, 10:49 AM   #11
Rookie

Re: EA Sports is the Official Video Game Partner of Bayern Munich

since i'm Bayern Munich fan i'm kinda excited for full 3d-scan, but the faces still look ...... vivid....is that the right word? or maybe, plastic?!

F.e. Neuer looks bad, so does the image with Vidal (which seems to have pretty odd lightning)
Coman looks good

The overall lightning still doesn't convince me. Especially in replays it should have a Cinematic touch with lots of details.

Last edited by TripleJay_X; 08-02-2016 at 10:52 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2016, 12:12 PM   #12
Rookie

KTBFFH's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocksy
To be honest I think the wording of both this and the Barca announcement are intentionally confusing.

A few years back Manchester United was official partners with a non EA game and get Old Trafford and Manchester United was fully licensed and featured in the game.

FIFA has always has stacks and stacks of licensed teams and stadiums and PES has not. That's just the way the different companies have always done it. EA throw bags of money at it and secure the casual fans and Konami didn't.

PES was the underdog and the cool kids liked that and the editing aspect. It actually helped it become a cult classic.

I don't think fully licensed it would have got the following it did.

I hope FIFA continue to get the licenses and have as many real life league structures and tournament as possible.

I like to play and invest time in a football game with a realistic Vitual world I can manage and play in.

FIFA have always given me that, PES have never tried... I don't like the master league... It's not realistic.

I still buy PES most years and enjoy the odd game/cup in it but my main football fix comes from the manager mode in FIFA which is getting better all the time.

Complete premier league stadiums was a joy last year.

I'd like Alan smith off the commentary and more classic kits/teams but other than that FIFA is always a solid choice for me

Didn't this same thing happen last year with Real Madrid? I believe Real Madrid was in PES 2016 as well. It was just an "official partnership" as far as having better access to facilities and face scanning, etc.
Old 08-02-2016, 04:35 PM   #13

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleJay_X
since i'm Bayern Munich fan i'm kinda excited for full 3d-scan, but the faces still look ...... vivid....is that the right word? or maybe, plastic?!

F.e. Neuer looks bad, so does the image with Vidal (which seems to have pretty odd lightning)
Coman looks good

The overall lightning still doesn't convince me. Especially in replays it should have a Cinematic touch with lots of details.

FIFA faces have been weak for years and years. Their photo scan process is pretty weak. It's like they don't adapt the scans to the player models thoroughly enough. Whereas PES faces look like they are hand-sculpted and lifelike.
Old 08-03-2016, 11:19 AM   #14
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
FIFA faces have been weak for years and years. Their photo scan process is pretty weak. It's like they don't adapt the scans to the player models thoroughly enough. Whereas PES faces look like they are hand-sculpted and lifelike.
Yeah I always thought PES looked much more photo-realistic when it comes to graphics/lighting. EA has always had weird textures to me.

From what I can tell, these "official partnership" are just more/better access to the clubs. There's no chance in hell that EA would get outbid by PES for an "exclusive" partnership with Barca.
Old 08-03-2016, 03:32 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
Whereas PES faces look like they are hand-sculpted and lifelike.
probably, likely for ps4/xb1, but the PC version will use again the crappy graphics-engine the last-gens use (i've read it today somewhere)...which is, for me, a non-starter.

Still not sure if i'll skip FIFA this year (or buy it on a 15 bucks sale someday ). Up to now, seen nothing really amazing so far....and since EA Sports is asking for the full price every year, it must have some cool new stuff
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »