Home

Tons of PES 2017 Gameplay Videos, Screenshots & Details From Around the Web (8-4-16)

This is a discussion on Tons of PES 2017 Gameplay Videos, Screenshots & Details From Around the Web (8-4-16) within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2016, 10:14 AM   #9
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Tons of PES 2017 Gameplay Videos, Screenshots & Details From Around the Web (8-4-

Will the PC version look like this?

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 08-04-2016, 11:01 AM   #10
Rookie

KennyJ1976's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
Will the PC version look like this?
No, already been confirmed.
Old 08-04-2016, 11:11 AM   #11
Rookie

KennyJ1976's Arena

OVR: 0
Some videos look better than others so I'll hold judgement on how it looks until I see it for myself in person. Just listened to an interview where Adam Bhatti said they have more premium partnerships to announce. I wonder which teams they are and if this means more bad news for FIFA 17.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2016, 11:12 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Tons of PES 2017 Gameplay Videos, Screenshots & Details From Around the Web (8-4-

Got this from evo, did not see it in the OP - if so, my apologies. Will have a video review on these P1 v CPU videos as they come in.

My initial impressions :

I'll have some video impressions, but based on that P1 v CPU video, I'd give it a 7/10.

+ Flow of the match is back to a mix of compressed and decompresses (expands) nicely.

+ Proper width of pitch is matched by the close down speed of players due to their positioning.

+ Ball Physics look quite good, floats in the air much nicer.

+ Save animations are very nice.

+ Defensive covering is not locked into their position (i.e. a CB will go and cover the RB/LB if needed).

+ Proper step up to meet the attackers (unlike).

+ Not as chaotic off the ball.

- I'm still seeing the sprint back and forth off the ball by defenders and midfielders. Several times the outside midfielder, or back, would allow their teammate to overlap by simply sprinting back to their designated spot. Does not look natural, but I understand the intent.

- Shots are all on target by the CPU. I know these are higher quality teams, and CPU was on Superstar, so take that with a grain of salt.

- Loose balls in the air still don't feel "loose", it looks like it is still on a rope to a destined force field of P1 or CPU. This is evident by corner clearances that drop their way to an attacker, much like all of PES and FIFA though - for a number of years actually.

- Deflections off of tackles only go about 1 foot away. IRL, deflections or tackles will allow the ball to sputter off into become a 50/50 ball. I did not see many of these types of occurrences, and that does continue to concern me with the Fox engine. The reason it does is because the harp right now is on First Touch control, well if you have a terrible first touch control, that ball should be sputtering several feet away, or even slipping under your foot, right? If you take the same low rating at First Touch, and pair that up with 50/50 tackle, there needs to be some "force" within those tackles - not just a simple control of the ball as a result - which is what I saw the majority of.

- Lastly is the forward passing. The passing seems to be very forward-forward-forward, that's the build up I saw. It was not much side to side, and when it did go to the side, it goes forward. I'll have to take some more time to look at the movement off the ball, but it looks very direct. While we love PES 4-6, those games were also very forward and direct, so if that was the goal - it's been accomplished, but I do hope there is some more proper build up, and less frantic play to score a goal as quick as possible.
Old 08-04-2016, 11:37 AM   #13
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
This game is looking amazing. Refs, graphics, player movement, GKs, game speed, ball physics, celebrations all look SO MUCH better. Officially hyped!
Old 08-04-2016, 11:50 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2
That last video posted in comments has put me off. CPU play isn't realistic at all. Super human defending and finishing and final third far too deadly. Watch a Barca vs AM game and then watch that vid. Nothing to do with which team is on top just nothing like real football. I'm not saying FIFA is... Just surprised how it looks after reading so many positive comments.

I'll end up getting it but I'm not seeing any progress from last year in that video. CPU AI is same as always either terrible or completely deadly....

Real football isn't like that... I know that Lower ability teams will still only need one chance to score on hard settings and that isn't realistic at all.
Old 08-04-2016, 12:29 PM   #15
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

I am seeing too many shots on target, at least the goalkeepers are good but I can see many high score lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocksy
I'll end up getting it but I'm not seeing any progress from last year in that video. CPU AI is same as always either terrible or completely deadly....

Real football isn't like that... I know that Lower ability teams will still only need one chance to score on hard settings and that isn't realistic at all.
I will have to humbly disagree with this. From the videos they posted they made a lot of progress just in team defending, refs, goalkeepers, and ball physics alone and they got rid of that horrid hopping animation when a player goes in for a tackle. I know a lot of people enjoyed PES 2016 but that game was unplayable for me, this looks like I can possibly get back to playing PES. One thing I am curious about is tactics, I hope they vary the gameplay enough.

Last edited by RoyceDa59; 08-04-2016 at 12:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2016, 02:06 PM   #16
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm not really impressed with what I've seen so far. But I'll most likely end up buying it anyways, like every year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »