Home

F1 2016 Career Trailer - Features Multiplayer Championship For Up to 22 Players

This is a discussion on F1 2016 Career Trailer - Features Multiplayer Championship For Up to 22 Players within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2016, 02:04 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
F1 2016 Career Trailer - Features Multiplayer Championship For Up to 22 Players

Codemasters have posted another F1 2016 trailer, this one focusing on the much improved Career mode, featuring a multiplayer championship for up to 22 players, through an entire Formula One season.

Quote:
"We're very happy to be announcing that F1 2016 will feature multiplayer championship, a brand new game mode that allows up to 22 players to compete against each other over the course of a season.

"This new mode allows you to race as team-mates or to battle it out as different teams, as well as offering great possibilities for league play.

"Championships are, of course, saveable, so you can fight it out over the course of many weeks." - via Autosport
  • Deepest ever career mode – Create your own legend and go deeper into the world of Formula 1 than ever before with the ultimate career mode, spanning up to 10 seasons.
  • The most complete F1 experience ever – The inclusion of the safety car and virtual safety car adds to the on-track immersion.
  • Work with your agent & engineer – Brand new, fully voice-acted and captured agent and engineer guide you to glory.
  • Take part in our brand new practice programmes – Master each circuit with our track acclimatisation tests, test your tyres and hone your race strategy to perfection.
  • Time of Day Editor – Dramatically customise the visuals of your race experience.
  • Manual race starts – Race starts are more crucial than ever. Time your start right to launch from the grid perfectly and gain positions, but be wary of jumping the race start.
  • Formation Lap – Warm your tyres to an optimal temperature to maximise your race start with the formation lap.
  • Manual Pit Lane Entry – Minimise the time lost when pitting with the manual pit lane entry. Make sure you brake in time to avoid a penalty for speeding in the pit lane.
  • Multiplayer support for up to 22 drivers – Form a full grid of human players across the 21 circuits of the featured in the 2016 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™
  • Multiplayer Championship – A brand new game mode that allows up to 22 players to compete against each other over the course of a season.
F1 2016 ships on August 19 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2016, 04:37 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
In this day and age a 10 year career is not very long. So hopefully each year is long. I will buy but not day one.
Old 08-04-2016, 05:05 PM   #3
Rookie

Finn's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: F1 2016 Career Trailer - Features Multiplayer Championship For Up to 22 Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukesofHazzard
In this day and age a 10 year career is not very long. So hopefully each year is long. I will buy but not day one.
In terms of a driver's career or video game career lengths?

Keep in mind this isn't a type of game that warrants itself to the type of 'manager' user who would typically sim sessions or games. So you should and most will be taking part in every race weekend. That's FP1, FP2, FP3, Q1,2,3 (if you make through) and the race. If you choose 100% length weekends that would make a season take a seriously long time.

That being said I can understand your hesitation with a Codemasters release. However their approach this year seems much improved. They had a 3 stage beta with some 300 users and have approached the community well before release for feedback. I'm hoping that many of those release date bugs have been squashed already.

Last edited by Finn; 08-04-2016 at 06:41 PM.
Old 08-04-2016, 05:10 PM   #4
Rookie

Bcolt93's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: F1 2016 Career Trailer - Features Multiplayer Championship For Up to 22 Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukesofHazzard
you're doing 210 race weekends, that takes a hell of a lot of time if you're doing things properly. plus the average F1 driver's career isn't even 10 years. very rarely do you get guys like Prost, Schumacher, Button, Alonso that drive for nearly 20 years and 250+ GP's.

As far as I'm concerned, I doubt I'm even going to finish all 10 seasons.

As for the online championships, we'll see how it goes, but I doubt many of the very serious leagues will use it, will mostly be used by a smaller group of friends or people who don't take it too seriously.

Old 08-04-2016, 05:22 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn
In terms of a driver's career or video game career lengths?

Keep in mind this isn't a type of sport or game that warrants itself to the type of 'manager' sim user. So you should and most will be taking part in every race weekend. That's FP1, FP2, FP3, Q1,2,3 (if you make through) and the race. If you choose 100% length weekends that would make a season take a seriously long time.

That being said I can understand your hesitation with a Codemasters release. However their approach this year seems much improved. They had a 3 stage beta with some 300 users and have approached the community well before release for feedback. I'm hoping that many of those release date bugs have been squashed already.
Yeah but with nascar heat evolution there is no end to career mode. That's what I'm referring to. In game career should be longer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2016, 06:43 PM   #6
Rookie

Finn's Arena

I would believe that someone that completes a 10 year F1 career is unique and represents a small number to the total user base.

In addition the introduction of Year over Year R&D I'm sure had a significant impact on how long Codemasters were going to make the 'life span' of their career mode.
Old 08-04-2016, 06:58 PM   #7
Rookie

Bcolt93's Arena

OVR: 5

the only way I see people doing a 10 year career mode is starting at the bottom and building the team up before jumping ship or by trying to do the true to life Red Bull junior program (Toro Rosso for 2/3 years then to Red Bull and then go elsewhere afterwards if you want).

Old 08-04-2016, 07:05 PM   #8
Rookie

Finn's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcolt93
the only way I see people doing a 10 year career mode is starting at the bottom and building the team up before jumping ship or by trying to do the true to life Red Bull junior program (Toro Rosso for 2/3 years then to Red Bull and then go elsewhere afterwards if you want).
That's my plan for my first go round with career mode. Like in their series past I'm going to use the lower tiered teams first to earn offers from some of the bigger guys. I like to run 100% races and full weekends so I know it will take time and therefor have no worries about the length of the career.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »