Home

Madden Ultimate Team Has a New Chemistry Feature in Madden NFL 17

This is a discussion on Madden Ultimate Team Has a New Chemistry Feature in Madden NFL 17 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2016, 03:56 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Madden Ultimate Team Has a New Chemistry Feature in Madden NFL 17

A new chemistry feature has been added to Madden Ultimate Team in Madden NFL 17. Check out the new video here along with the new blog here, going into more details about it. As always, post your thoughts!

Quote:
Chemistry will replace Style in Madden NFL 17 and serve as a powerful way to build your MUT lineups. Player items have the opportunity to have a Chemistry (and possibly more than one) and when combined with other Player Items with the same Chemistry, will turn on attribute boosts.

If you activate a Chemistry that boosts your team by +2 Block Shedding, each Item will update the players Block Shedding rating to reflect the new value. And if the boost from the Chemistry is enough to increment that player’s OVR rating, that will update as well (not to mention your Team Rating could be incremented as well!).

No more guessing. No more assuming that a boost is affecting attributes. No more amazingly fantastical online theories to reverse-engineer how much boost is being received. It’s all right there in front of you.

Can I activate more than one Chemistry at once?

Yes, in fact we are advocating that you experiment with multiple combinations of Chemistry. If one Chemistry requires 7 offensive players to activate and another requires 5, you can construct a lineup to turn on both of those Chemistries. Furthermore, if both Chemistries boost the same rating/attribute, the boosts stack on top of each other. So if one Chemistry adds +2 Agility and the other adds +3 Agility, the players affected by this Chemistry will have a +5 Agility boost.

So do I pick what two Chemistries I want active just like I do with Style?

No, the concept of “choosing your Style/Chemistry” is removed. As soon as your active lineup meets the requirements to turn on a Chemistry, that Chemistry is automatically activated. So this means you can optimize a lineup around multiple Chemistries but since all Chemistries are not created equally, and will target different ratings and positional groups, the amount of players it takes to activate each Chemistry will vary. And remember, there will be many more than 8 Chemistries in Madden NFL 17 so you will always be incentivized to explore different lineup combinations. It’s very conceivable to envision a lineup with at least 4 Chemistries activated.

How do I know what boosts a Chemistry has?

Player and Coach Items will have two new back pages that describe each Chemistry, what ratings are impacted, the requirements to activate, and which teammates are affected by the Chemistry. Additionally, there will also be a tab on the back of the Player Item that shows if that player is currently being boosted by another active Chemistry.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2016, 04:07 PM   #2
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MUT 17 Chemistry Blog

"So for example if we wanted to create a Chemistry that only targeted and gave a ratings boost to wide receivers and running backs, we can. If we wanted to do one for the entire defensive line, we can. Even something as cool as targeting only players who play for the Buffalo Bills is in bounds."

Sheesh. Finally they got rid of Style. Style really made creating theme teams pointless. Now there's actually a reward to creating an past and present NFL team.
Old 08-05-2016, 04:57 PM   #3
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

There's a video for it too
http://youtu.be/iXs1fR1OAYg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-05-2016, 05:08 PM   #4
Rookie

auburnfan2's Arena

OVR: 1

Nice

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Old 08-05-2016, 05:21 PM   #5
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

MUT get things I think cfm should have.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2016, 05:35 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
MUT get things I think cfm should have.
Honestly, I don't think chemistry is all that sim. I could be, but not the way it is handled in MUT, which is more like a board game mechanic.

I have loved MUT the last two years, but having just finished up a CFM season with some friends, I'm kind of looking forward to more CFM or season play this year.

But MUT is looking pretty good. Really, I just can't freaking wait for the game to drop.
Old 08-05-2016, 09:35 PM   #7
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay D
Honestly, I don't think chemistry is all that sim. I could be, but not the way it is handled in MUT, which is more like a board game mechanic.

I have loved MUT the last two years, but having just finished up a CFM season with some friends, I'm kind of looking forward to more CFM or season play this year.

But MUT is looking pretty good. Really, I just can't freaking wait for the game to drop.
Yea you're right. I was just saying there needs to be more depth in cfm, with chemistry I was thinking it would be like having guys that fit your scheme gives them boosts in respective area.
Old 08-05-2016, 09:54 PM   #8
Rookie

greenfuzz's Arena

Re: Madden Ultimate Team Has a New Chemistry Feature in Madden NFL 17

Anyone else notice that they used the Broncos' Brandon Marshall for the Jets' Brandon Marshall card?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »