Home

Madden NFL 17 - Practice Squad Tips & Tutorial (MoonlightSwami)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 - Practice Squad Tips & Tutorial (MoonlightSwami) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2016, 06:49 PM   #1
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Madden NFL 17 - Practice Squad Tips & Tutorial (MoonlightSwami)

MoonlightSwami has posted another Madden NFL 17 video. This one goes over the practice squad, including tips and a tutorial.

Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2016, 07:35 PM   #2
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Practice Squad (MoonlightSwami)

Man, that Big Decision menu looks horrible.

Disappointed with how they combined the news feed with the twitter feed. The old news feed was pretty nice and would have been much better in place of the gigantic Week 4 text and the unnecessary countdown.

Interested to see how the whole practice squad thing works out. Kind of odd the Bears would already have their fourth round pick on there before they've played their final game. I also wonder for the teams that had a bunch of guys already if they'll take them off for better players after final cuts which should consist of better players or if they'd just voluntarily let good players go into the FA pool. It will also be interesting to see how they handle promotions and signing random FA's as well. Typically as soon as a season starts they'll start cutting their own players and replacing them with high rated players off the FA list so I wonder if that'll be common place during the season as well or if they'll put higher priority on the PS guys.
Old 08-12-2016, 08:30 PM   #3
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Definitely going to be keeping that practice squad stealing setting on since it adds more to CFM. I agree that the Big Decision menu looks bad.
Old 08-12-2016, 08:44 PM   #4
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

I really like both the big decision UI and the twitter and news feed bubbled back up to the home screen of the franchise. Really nice addition that will make the season feel more alive without digging for it like last year.
Old 08-12-2016, 09:16 PM   #5
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Yeah, count me in as a fan of the new Big Decision UI. It presents more relevant and actionable information faster, and it's not just a giant mind-numbing roster spreadsheet.

I understand the aversion to it if you're not a fan of the tile paradigm for UI design, though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2016, 09:21 PM   #6
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Yeah, I personally love the new big decision UI, don't get how it could look horrible but we all have difference of opinions.
Old 08-13-2016, 01:06 AM   #7
Pro

Step2001's Arena

OVR: 9
When a team is going to sign a player off your practice squad, You should be given notification and chance to place player on your own active roster. That's the way it is in the NFL!

Overall, it's a Great addition. Can't thank Rex and his Crew enough.

The practice squad is something I've wanted for a long long time. Playing Madden 16, I wished I had the practice squad available for some of the young players I wanted to keep.

Will help at the end of the season when the Street FA are picked over.

Practice Squad Player AWR need to be better for team, when it comes to his ability to be able to step right in and contribute (knowledge of playbook). To where a street FA or Player trade should need some time to adjust and acclimate himself with the teams playbook. Just can't just walk in and start and not miss a beat.

Injuries need to be fixed. More injuries like hamstring pulls, high ankle sprains and nagging injuries need to be added..........
Old 08-13-2016, 06:54 AM   #8
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 17 - Practice Squad Tips & Tutorial (MoonlightSwami)

Yeah that chunky menu for cutting players doesn't feel great with big player cards side by side. It looks like comparing players before cutting them will be tough. Thankfully it looks like there is a quick button for expanding the player attributes. I was hoping for a list of PS eligible players to toggle instead of going through one by one seeing who is eligible or not...

Anyone else notice that most team's practice squads are not even half full? Seems like that CPU teams don't sign enough FAs that are practice squad eligible or they don't sign FAs direct to practice squad. If true, it means 32team control will be needed even MORE this year and they should really patch CPU FA logic, if there are bigger draft classes coming in, it means more players are UDFA and they need to be signed off FA to the PS!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »