Home

NHL 17 World Cup of Hockey Teaser Trailer

This is a discussion on NHL 17 World Cup of Hockey Teaser Trailer within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2016, 09:51 AM   #9
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NHL 17 World Cup of Hockey Teaser Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Mathematics
If they would have put this in Franchise Mode, then it would have been awesome. Since it isn't, I may play it once, but that's about it. Just take that last step and add it into Franchise mode.
That's kind of a bummer to see.

I was looking forward to at least being able to take a break from the season and play with an international team.

I remember when the Revamped Rosters came out around Olympic Time I had a blast playing with those teams and setting up tournaments as best I could (Which is where my wish that we could import our own rosters/jerseys comes in, so I can skate with Slovenia instead of oh, I don't know, Japan...).

It might be fun, but as it's own game, I might play through it once or twice just for fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Methinks the NHL is c-blocking any IIHF content in EA's game.

It's too bad though. I'd love to see the world/jrs added.
Allowing GM's to loan their young guns to the JR's would be terrific.

FIFA has an incredible international component to its game. I'd love to see the same depth in EA's NHL game. But therein lies the rub. It's an "NHL" game, not "Hockey" game.
I feel like I've typed it a million times the past few days, but those are the types of things I would love to see added to Franchise mode. The ability to be a GM and get invited to GM/Coach an International team either in the World Juniors, or just the IIHF International Play. It would be awesome to try and build a team, trying to pick from a list of players, potentially having guys on your shortlist who either decline to play, or maybe get injured and require off-season surgery, forcing you to replace them.

It would be great to get a team like Sweden and loan up your team, or maybe try and take a smaller country like Norway to the medal rounds.

Last edited by actionhank; 08-16-2016 at 09:57 AM.
Old 08-16-2016, 10:58 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionhank
That's kind of a bummer to see.

I was looking forward to at least being able to take a break from the season and play with an international team.

I remember when the Revamped Rosters came out around Olympic Time I had a blast playing with those teams and setting up tournaments as best I could (Which is where my wish that we could import our own rosters/jerseys comes in, so I can skate with Slovenia instead of oh, I don't know, Japan...).

It might be fun, but as it's own game, I might play through it once or twice just for fun.

I feel like I've typed it a million times the past few days, but those are the types of things I would love to see added to Franchise mode. The ability to be a GM and get invited to GM/Coach an International team either in the World Juniors, or just the IIHF International Play. It would be awesome to try and build a team, trying to pick from a list of players, potentially having guys on your shortlist who either decline to play, or maybe get injured and require off-season surgery, forcing you to replace them.

It would be great to get a team like Sweden and loan up your team, or maybe try and take a smaller country like Norway to the medal rounds.
Or even start managing a CHL or Euro team and hoping to make your way to the NHL.
Give me the option to only coach so I have to deal with my GM's decisions when it comes to signing and draft picks.
Old 08-16-2016, 11:39 AM   #11
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Or even start managing a CHL or Euro team and hoping to make your way to the NHL.
Give me the option to only coach so I have to deal with my GM's decisions when it comes to signing and draft picks.
That would actually be a lot of fun. Imagine trying not to chuck your controller through a wall if you saw that the GM had just traded Subban for Weber...

I used to think the AI trades in this game were bad...I guess Montreal was out to prove it was realistic after all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2016, 05:52 AM   #12
Rookie

Northernwolf's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
This. So much this.

Franchise should be more dynamic with the leagues it has access to.
It should give you the option to start up in CHL and AHL/NHL as a coach and then move between these leagues. In NHL it would be a taller learning curve, and bigger risk/reward of failure, less job security and so on. If you fail, you are fired and must try your luck in CHL or AHL. Here you can start to rebuild your career as a coach.
If you start in CHL/AHL you can develop talents and build dynasties. More job security and so on.

A more dynamic franchise, with headlines and stories (see FIFA) on your journey to follow. I would buy that.

As for Montreal's trading skills: I still cannot believe PK is gone. (Habs fan here)

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »