Home

WWE 2K17 Roster Reveal (Week 3 of 5) - New Day Full Entrance Video Included

This is a discussion on WWE 2K17 Roster Reveal (Week 3 of 5) - New Day Full Entrance Video Included within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2016, 10:04 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub71323
That's weird that Stardust is on that list. I guess since they own that character they can use him, even though Cody Rhodes is wrestling elsewhere?
I believe the roster is locked around Wrestlemania. Vince decides who is in the game essentially anyways
Old 08-16-2016, 10:09 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: WWE 2K17 Roster Reveal (Week 3 of 5) - New Day Full Entrance Video Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
The graphics are hit and miss. You look at the Bubba and AJ screenshots and the game looks great. Then you look at Becky and Emma (I think?) And the faces just look off. Not sure who that is in the glasses but the glasses but the glasses look absolutely terrible. And hair is still an issue that becomes more noticeable the more realistic everything else looks.
Yea Becky and Alexa (top one) look bad...Emma (bottom one) actually looks good there besides the hair as you mentioned. I need to see her face though.
Old 08-16-2016, 11:58 PM   #19
Pro

AirJordanFan93's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: WWE 2k17 Roster Reveal (week 3 of 5) - Full New Day entrance

Am I the only one that feels its kind of a slap in the face that they include the prior years DLC into the following years base game. I mean yeah its nice to see the roster more or less carry over year to year but just feels like a big F you to the people who paid for the DLC the year before.
Old 08-17-2016, 12:21 AM   #20
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Yea Becky and Alexa (top one) look bad...Emma (bottom one) actually looks good there besides the hair as you mentioned. I need to see her face though.
Emma's attire warping with the body movements looks weird. I think she looks fine otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirJordanFan93
Am I the only one that feels its kind of a slap in the face that they include the prior years DLC into the following years base game. I mean yeah its nice to see the roster more or less carry over year to year but just feels like a big F you to the people who paid for the DLC the year before.
Nah, don't care. I paid for them as DLC in 2K16 because I wanted them in 2K16. You'd rather they just disappear, or...?

Anyone else remember that the Usos were DLC twice? Don't need that crap again.
Old 08-17-2016, 03:52 AM   #21
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Not impressed by this entrance video.

The animations don't look quite right, it's as if someone is imitating the wrestlers instead of being lifelike to them. More offensively, the crowd is basically quiet white noise, Lilian Garcia's announcer audio is obviously and unconvincingly stitched-together fragments, and the audio mixing when the trumpet effects / "New! Day Rocks!" chant samples kick in is pretty awful.

I want to like this game and series, I really do. Please give me a reason to like this game, 2K.

Last edited by CM Hooe; 08-17-2016 at 02:35 PM. Reason: I accidentally a word
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2016, 01:47 PM   #22
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Man, I've just accepted that the audio in these games will always, always be terrible. I wish it wasn't, but with other games you can at least hear some difference and think "Okay, I see what they're trying for." With WWE2K, you can't. Recordings are poorly stitched, poorly mixed, and repetitive on top of all that. The crowd noise is (as you said) a constant stream of white noise, with chants pasted in the middle. They don't swell to match the momentum of a match, finishers don't get a pop, etc. There's no logic to it at all.

By far the worst audio in sports games.
Old 08-17-2016, 02:56 PM   #23
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm pretty excited.
Old 08-17-2016, 07:00 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 4

Take Two is putting their stank on the game and I love how it is slowly but surely evolving. The game is so much tolerable now than they use to be. If they announce more about the multiplay matches ( 3/4/5/6 man battle royal elimation matches, bring back KO matches, custom theme music) the game will be better than is now. I'm just happy they are improving every year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »