Home

NHL 17 World Cup of Hockey Trailer and Some More Details

This is a discussion on NHL 17 World Cup of Hockey Trailer and Some More Details within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2016, 05:00 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Well that was underwhelming. Ya know sometimes I wish this development team would just take a year off to revamp and reflect about what they could really do that's innovative... oh wait. They did that didn't they?

It's frustrating to see them focus on stuff like this and not other glaring issues. Like head scanning more of the league! Almost every response from these guys is "yeah, we looked into that but it would require resources that we don't have..." How about getting more "resources" ? Trust me there are hungry developers looking for work.
Old 08-16-2016, 05:14 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: NHL 17 World Cup of Hockey Trailer and Some More Details

So is this an offline mode only? Would be nice to have online tournaments with friends but i guess thats to much to ask for from this small dev team.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Old 08-16-2016, 06:41 PM   #11
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Factory
"yeah, we looked into that but it would require resources that we don't have..." How about getting more "resources" ? Trust me there are hungry developers looking for work.
In regards to that specific part, I assume that's purely a money issue.

EA likely isn't giving the NHL team a ton of funding, so I bet a lot of what they do is work with what they have and can improvise.

That said, it would be nice if they just gave us a way to create and share our own rosters, with some sort of improved tool for creating faces and player features, similar to The Show.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2016, 08:52 PM   #12
Rookie

intrepid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by billman29
Not to ~nitpick~, but this isn't entirely accurate.

NHL 2005, which came out 12 years ago, also had a World Cup of Hockey mode.
Did you want them to keep it in the game for 12 years when the real NHL hasn't staged the tournament at all since then until now? At least we had international teams we could play a somewhat real tournament with (although we couldn't do it in 15/16 for current gen). I've never been a huge EA fan, but to say this is one of those cases where they are adding a feature they already had and are calling it new doesn't seem entirely correct.
Old 08-16-2016, 10:47 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by intrepid
Did you want them to keep it in the game for 12 years when the real NHL hasn't staged the tournament at all since then until now? At least we had international teams we could play a somewhat real tournament with (although we couldn't do it in 15/16 for current gen). I've never been a huge EA fan, but to say this is one of those cases where they are adding a feature they already had and are calling it new doesn't seem entirely correct.
Except that is exactly what they are doing. The same exact feature was in the game already and now they are bringing it back, but are saying "for the first time ever" this feature is in an EA hockey game. Which is wrong. So either they don't know their own history, or they are flat out lying to their consumers; again.
Old 08-16-2016, 11:13 PM   #14
Rookie

Caniac94's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by billman29
Not to ~nitpick~, but this isn't entirely accurate.

NHL 2005, which came out 12 years ago, also had a World Cup of Hockey mode.
Ha! Now that was when EA was making great hockey games that I often looked forward to.
Old 08-16-2016, 11:40 PM   #15
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Not for nothing but these trailers do very little for me. It's not gameplay I'm seeing it's just cut scenes and hype. I'm not crapping on the game at all and I understand they market video games like movies these days but not sure I get it. I'm a huge fan of the Uncharted series but the trailer for the game was all cut scene movie like clips that, while in the game and entertaining, have little to do with the playing experience. Despite all EAs impressive looking trailer I still have no idea what gameplay looks like. I'm still interested in NHL17 but not because of a single trailer I've seen but because of the increased sliders and 0-100 sliders. I know us NHL guys can be greedy with our wants but I narrowed my wants to 3 things....
Roster share
Better Neutral Zone AI
More slider control (that works)
Looks like this year I'm only getting one (remains to be seen if they work)
No cut scene flashy trailer can give me any insight to wether or not they have this right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2016, 02:12 AM   #16
Rookie

Södy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caniac94
Ha! Now that was when EA was making great hockey games that I often looked forward to.
NHL 2005 definetly was the worst game (especially after the stellar 2004).

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »