Home

FIFA 17 Video - 13 Minutes of Gameplay (Eurogamer)

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 Video - 13 Minutes of Gameplay (Eurogamer) within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2016, 07:14 PM   #1
Gaming Fool.

PAPERNUT's Arena

OVR: 8
FIFA 17 Video - 13 Minutes of Gameplay (Eurogamer)

Eurogamer has posted a new FIFA 17 gameplay video, featuring 13 minutes of 2 v 2 action.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Twitter
YouTube
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2016, 04:50 AM   #2
Rookie

flo182's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 17 2v2 Gameplay vid

Huge disappointment...

Looks exactly like FIFA 16 with minor graphic tweaks.

Gameplay is way too fast. No build-up play. Stupid defenses. Goals we've seen a thousand times already...

Boring.

Since they also ignored offline players again I'm definitely out this year.

**** this ****, why isn't there any competitor out there so EA actuallly had to work on their stuff...
PES has become a joke since the move from PS2/Xbox to the newer generations and EA seems to focus all their attention on how to make even more money with FUT.
Old 08-17-2016, 05:03 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo182
Huge disappointment...

Looks exactly like FIFA 16 with minor graphic tweaks.

Gameplay is way too fast. No build-up play. Stupid defenses. Goals we've seen a thousand times already...

Boring.

Since they also ignored offline players again I'm definitely out this year.

**** this ****, why isn't there any competitor out there so EA actuallly had to work on their stuff...
PES has become a joke since the move from PS2/Xbox to the newer generations and EA seems to focus all their attention on how to make even more money with FUT.
You're comment actually makes no sense. How are you supposed to judge a soccer game without playing it? Haven't you seen how awfully bad those lazy people played the game? They were sprinting the whole time and leaving huge gaps in the midfield for the opponent to exploit.

Heck, this was even being played at normal speed and everything on automatic!! No wonder the gameplay was too fast, and it was 2 vs 2, a really arcady way of playing this game. Headless chickens everywhere. Wait for the demo for heaven's sake.
Old 08-17-2016, 05:04 AM   #4
Flip That Bat!

Entiae's Arena

OVR: 9

I'm not even gonna bother with a pre-release user vs user game set to hype the game, they don't usually make the game any favours from a sim standpoint.
Old 08-17-2016, 07:33 AM   #5
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

I watched this video yesterday night and turned it off like after 5-6 minutes. I won't judge the gameplay in a chaotic-speed-of-light 2vs2 action between people that don't have a clue about football. I'm strictly an offline user.
BUT I was disappointed with the movement/animations. Idk if Frostbite was a good move. The graphics also look like PS2 era. Some face close-ups were irritating at least.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2016, 08:57 AM   #6
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
I watched this video yesterday night and turned it off like after 5-6 minutes. I won't judge the gameplay in a chaotic-speed-of-light 2vs2 action between people that don't have a clue about football. I'm strictly an offline user.
BUT I was disappointed with the movement/animations. Idk if Frostbite was a good move. The graphics also look like PS2 era. Some face close-ups were irritating at least.
The 2v2 I saw was Reus, who I'd say knows a thing or 2 about footy but agreed with your points about the game. End-to-End sprintfest.
Old 08-17-2016, 09:24 AM   #7
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

Its really impossible to judge anything, at all, by that video as far as sim gameplay goes. That said, it really is irritating that EA Canada choose to unveil the game with the cover athlete no less, in such a ludicrous way.
Anyone who's a fan of football/soccer would be hard pressed to do anything but cringe at the site of that, that, drivel. Ugh, let me stop, I'm getting aggravated, where's my blood pressure medicine....
Old 08-17-2016, 10:44 AM   #8
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: FIFA 17 Video - 13 Minutes of Gameplay (Eurogamer)

This is how FIFA is every year though, all videos shown this early are always cringe-worthy to watch especially when two people play against each other on the default settings. Also, it is a shame to see that the animations still look pretty much the same but I kind of expected this especially with the move to the Frostbite Engine this year. I would recommend some people to temper expectations as this will unfortunately be a transitional year for FIFA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »