Home

Madden NFL 17 Trial Available Now For EA Access Subscribers, Play For 10 Hours

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Trial Available Now For EA Access Subscribers, Play For 10 Hours within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2016, 09:01 PM   #25
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 17 Trial Available Now For EA Access Subscribers, Play For 10 Hours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2016, 09:44 PM   #26
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

Re: Madden NFL 17 Trial Available Now For EA Access Subscribers, Play For 10 Hours

Can anyone tell me if they fixed the passing cam on franchise mode when you use zoom cam . It would shut off in m16 only in play now
Old 08-17-2016, 09:46 PM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDat89

Sheesh

Old 08-17-2016, 09:51 PM   #28
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDat89

Nice Gem WR for fantasy draft leagues. Kevin White was mine last year.

Wow. I'm dumb. I thought that was the Eagles WR Matthew's

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Datninja619; 08-18-2016 at 02:44 AM.
Old 08-17-2016, 10:11 PM   #29
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Madden NFL 17 Trial Available Now For EA Access Subscribers, Play For 10 Hours

Played one game of play now as Falcons vs Saints (all-pro difficulty) and . 1st impressions:

1. Pass D ain't no joke. Lol. The defenders really move properly. They move smoother (movement in game is overall smoother). I hit a really nice shot play, though. For outs, slants, quick routes, I think u have to throw these very realistically, meaning u need to throw on the cut. If u wait too long, defender will catch up and/or cutoff/breakup pass. I threw an INT off a screen pass that was returned for a TD. This didn't happen to me at all in 16.
2. Pass rush actually looked pretty good/tough to me. RE went wide, pushed my LT deep. I had to move around in the pocket some just to manipulate the pocket a little. And, QB movement in pocket has been grounded some I'd say. Stepping around in the pocket feels very sluggish. Which, may be the intent, and may be good as QB movement in 16 may have been a little too quick. But, for me, the pass rush was quick enough, and I rarely felt like I had all day to watch a WR break open or something
3. Color seems off a little. The whites are WHITE! So, they may have changed their palette a little. I can't say it's worse or better, just different.
4. Animations are def smoother, in general. However, I still some glitches as gameplay is 'deciding' outcomes of tackle/break tackle/strip ball. This was rare, but i did see it some. It is better than 16, for sure, but not eliminated.
5. Running feels nice, but I didn't overpower the CPU. After running a few stretch plays with success, they shut it down for losses. Special moves WORK!!!!!!!
6. I will say the graphics seem more 'cartoony'? While the players themselves do feel like they have more weight/momentum, they sort of graphically seem 'hollow'? Lol. I put question marks on those cause I know it may sound weird and hard to explain. It's possible that the graphics/animations have been tweaked from 16, and after a week or 2 of playing 17, this won't be noticeable. But, again, it is a first impression I had.
7. Ball physics is def cool. U don't see it on every play, but, legit, when u see it in action, it DEF looks better than 16.
8. I had problems with 'player lock'. Simply selecting the RB and trying to click the thumbstick wasn't quite working, and the camera would get wonky. If this continues, I would def add to a bug/glitch thread. I started using player lock in 16 for sweeps and wide running plays in general, so I would like to continue seeing this functionality work.
9. Oh yeah. One more kind of negative thing, here (almost forgot, actually). So, on D, specifically, i felt the game 'pulling' me around a little and I do NOT like that! Lol. I like to control myself and make the moves. It mostly helped me, of course. Often pulling me towards the ball carrier. But, I have to admit, I felt a little too much pull for my liking. So, curious if others feel this as well, or if it was just me.

Anyways, initial impressions, this game out of the box is looking better than 16, and wow, may not have to slider! (Only one game so far, so that's not a definite. Lol).

Edit: 1 more things. I didn't like the idea of tackle battles when they were first announced. I, honestly just don't like the icon popping up. I turn all of those things off. HOWEVER, after playing just 1 game, I can honestly say, this is NOT a big deal. It's quick, it's not obtrusive. And, when u win, u feel like u maybe 'made the right adjustment to wiggle free'. So, the tackle battles are totally fine with me, now.

Edit 2: oh yeah. I am NOT an equipment guy. HOWEVER, after seeing a lot of Nikes RUNING around, I saw a nice cut scene of Julio closeup and saw some Under Armor cleats. This was a nice touch.

Last edited by OhMrHanky; 08-17-2016 at 10:17 PM.
Old 08-17-2016, 10:32 PM   #30
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

After a little while with the training videos jumped right into a 15 minute quarter, 13 second rundown accelerated clock full game Rams vs Titans.

I won 38-17, and really enjoyed most of the aspects of the game. I'll start off with what could be problem areas.

As seen in some of the GC videos, the CPU QB doesn't move around in the pocket to escape pressure on a few too many plays. I got two short fields inside the 20 because Mariota just stood there and let himself get sacked and fumbled. He didn't try and Scramble once.

CPU offensive play calling. It's a lot better than it has been, but they still call a few too many 4 verts, that combined with the statue QB's is a issue.

CPU defensive play calling. They like to call too many, what seems like Cover 0 plays, in the wrong spot. These long scores came on plays where they were way too aggressive at the wrong time, IMO.

Not liking how the CPU receiver fall out of bounds on passes on the flat way too often.

Hope I can turn off the Red and Green in the box squares that tell you where or if you should run. I turned off all the other visual aids, but could see how to turn that off.

There were other issues of course, but they seem like they can be handled with sliders.

Some things I liked:

Dorial Green-Beckham, The Titans are gong to miss him in my CFM, lol. He had 11 catches for 141. The CPU has never that many receptions to an outside WR to against me in Madden. The catches were nice plays, it wasn't where my D was just clueless.

Rams front 4 made it tough on Murray, but he still had some nice 5-7 yard power runs that the CPU never use to get on default.

Forgot to call any FB dives, but no other runs seem OP.

When he didn't hold the ball too long or call 4 verts, Mariota made good decisions with the ball.

Me and the CPU both had backspin punts land inside the 5.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 08-17-2016, 10:39 PM   #31
Rookie

So got a game in me denver vs the Raiders.

Denver's secondary can cover their pass rush gets stonewalled constantly. All my sacks were Carr sitting in the pocket for ages waiting for a guy to get open. Ended with 3 sacks because he rolled out. That's not good. Granted one game but not surprised denver can't pass rush.

Denver's offensive line is as expected can't block a thing so oakland has a pass rush very little time in pocket and unable to run. Couldn't run from under center holes would be closed before the hand off. From shotgun had much better luck but at that point I was to far behind. 13-0.

Granted that score was misleading as their first points is one thing I really didn't like. A miss push on the accuracy part of a punt will effect power. Which is dumb. A kicker shanks a punt of the side of his foot it goes out of bounds my point for missing accuracy went right down the middle of the field for 20 yards allowing a return. Don't think I've ever seen a shank like that big time since I had max power on the kick. Out of bounds no return is more acceptable than a short punt down the middle of the field.

Their only score was a hit on lynch as he was throwing. Ruled a fumble but it was caught in the air so either way a turnover. Good looking play overall my fault for trying to throw late on a boot leg with lynch.

Their last score was a solid drive for a fg. They ended the game with 68 yards and I ended with 145 with a final score of 13-10 them. But that joke of a punt and my defenders getting stonewalled constantly sucked but hopefully that was just a fluke and denver's defense is worth playing because sending 5 or 6 should be able to get pressure and not coverage sacks.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2016, 10:52 PM   #32
Pro

OVR: 7
Halftime report has somehow gotten worse, no commentary on some plays. They really need to scrap what they have and start over from scratch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »