Home

NBA 2K17 Hands-On Impressions - Freelance Offenses For Every Team and More (Polygon)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 Hands-On Impressions - Freelance Offenses For Every Team and More (Polygon) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2016, 01:18 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NBA 2K17 Hands-On Impressions - Freelance Offenses For Every Team and More (Polygon)

Polygon has posted their NBA 2K17 hands-on impressions. Samit Sarkar goes over quite a few things, including freelance offenses for every team, better help defense, timed layups, 2K U with Coach K and much more.

Quote:
"If I can expect you to make a move and show the ball unprotected, I can time my button press" and knock the ball away, said Jones, who did this exact thing to me when we played each other. This applies to passes, too. Jones acknowledged that throwing the ball willy-nilly into the key was almost a "money" play last year. In about half an hour playing NBA 2K17, I saw multiple passes to the paint get deflected and even picked off. The ball just felt more live, whether on passes, steals or rebounds.
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Steve_OS; 08-22-2016 at 02:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2016, 01:23 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K17 Hands-On Impressions (Polygon)

it begins....
Old 08-22-2016, 01:44 PM   #3
The Real Birdman

Mikelopedia's Arena

OVR: 1

Hmm, all sounds very good.

This might actually be the year I play in the park lol. We'll see after the first update POST casuals bitchfest.

Something that won't catch too many people's eye but definitely has my attention is the coach making decisions when it comes to personnel on the floor. That combined with the intriguing re-worked fatigue system, (again we'll see after the casual gamer cries very loud on Ronnie's twitter), but is this the year they FINALLY allow auto subs to function properly?!?!

Another interesting thing that will only be a negative at first for me until I get used to it (and buy a 2nd controller with brand new smooth working sticks lol) is the shooting i.e. being penalized if you don't pull straight back. I've always been someone who shoots catch and shoot jumpers with square and layups, dribble pull ups, post moves, etc with the shot stick. So is square no longer an option for stand still jumpers?

PSN: MiiikeMarsh
Old 08-22-2016, 01:53 PM   #4
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K17 Hands-On Impressions - Freelance Offenses For Every Team & More (Polygon

You have to time layups? Interesting

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk
Old 08-22-2016, 01:55 PM   #5
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelopedia
I've always been someone who shoots catch and shoot jumpers with square and layups, dribble pull ups, post moves, etc with the shot stick. So is square no longer an option for stand still jumpers?
I play the same way too. Hopefully square and X can still be utilized for jumpshots only.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2016, 01:56 PM   #6
MVP

Re: NBA 2K17 Hands-On Impressions - Freelance Offenses For Every Team & More (Polygon

.."I saw teammates leave their assignment to stop someone from getting an easy basket in the paint."

Yes!
Old 08-22-2016, 02:02 PM   #7
Rookie

I hope this whole "giving players more control" thing means maybe they changed up the dunk contest lol but I know better.....
Old 08-22-2016, 02:03 PM   #8
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Excellent hands on...touched on a lot of great things....glad to see a big part of the focus is on defense...and thats coming from a high level..

Kind of quiet in here considering dudes were starving for info...a nice chunk here

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »