Home

Playstation Plus is Getting a $10 Price Hike...

This is a discussion on Playstation Plus is Getting a $10 Price Hike... within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2016, 10:41 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Playstation Plus is Getting a $10 Price Hike...

Now there is no reason other than the SHOW to pick PS4 over XBOX One...first EA Access and now this. And to think, when the console wars began, I was going with PS4....Thankfully there are sales on these now and then, I can't justify paying full price for XBOX Live or PS+. Biggest ripoff in gaming, the only draw is being able to play online.
Old 08-23-2016, 10:53 AM   #18
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raisnets
EA Access is a very different service to XBOX Live and PSN not sure why you are comparing them.
All 3 of them are platforms that offer similar services:

- Monthly or yearly fee
- Selection of Free games
- Discounts on online purchases

To recap, I pay a monthly fee for each one and I only use them for the free games/discounts. Now do you see why I compare them?

Last edited by Sheba2011; 08-23-2016 at 10:55 AM.
Old 08-23-2016, 11:05 AM   #19
Rookie

mcmax3000's Arena

OVR: 2
The Xbox One is my primary platform, I rarely ever play online on PSN, and apparently the price hike is $20 in Canada, so I think I'll pass on renewing my subscription (or maybe renew once soon before the price increase, then pass the next time I'm set to renew after that).

I can probably buy the occasional "free" game that appeals to me, and spend less than $70 per year.
Old 08-23-2016, 01:50 PM   #20
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmax3000
The Xbox One is my primary platform, I rarely ever play online on PSN, and apparently the price hike is $20 in Canada, so I think I'll pass on renewing my subscription (or maybe renew once soon before the price increase, then pass the next time I'm set to renew after that).

I can probably buy the occasional "free" game that appeals to me, and spend less than $70 per year.
This was my reasoning as well, the "free" games that actually interested me I could buy preowned for cheaper and have the added ability to trade them in later. Both services used to be so much better in the past.
Old 08-23-2016, 05:58 PM   #21
Banned

Raisnets's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
All 3 of them are platforms that offer similar services:

- Monthly or yearly fee
- Selection of Free games
- Discounts on online purchases

To recap, I pay a monthly fee for each one and I only use them for the free games/discounts. Now do you see why I compare them?
The base of PS Plus isn't "FREE GAMEZ!!!!!!" they aren't the same service.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2016, 06:09 PM   #22
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raisnets
The base of PS Plus isn't "FREE GAMEZ!!!!!!" they aren't the same service.
For the third time, For MY usage PS+/Xbox Live is ONLY for FREE Games and discounts. For ME online play is NOT a factor. So for ME all 3 of them are competing services that offer free games and discounts. And EA Access is the best value among the 3 of them for ME. Does that make more sense to you now?
Old 08-23-2016, 09:36 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 1
its total rip off...free games are awful...basically your paying extortion fee to play on line....UNTIL GAMERS FIGHT BACK....LETS START A REVOLUTION GANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-24-2016, 01:03 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2
I don't get why everyone is acting like this is a big deal...

Xbox Live went up $10 from $50 to $60 in 2011... No one cared... Those who used XBL found it justifiable- those who didn't had PS3s or were PC Master Race dudes before that was cool.

Sony was actually being very competitive to offer PS+ for $50 for the first 3 years... Not to mention there are TONS of discounts in the PS Store in addition to the free games every month for PS+ subscribers.

Yes, I would like to change my username every now and then. Yes, I think a 2-Step verification process is vital. And yes, it was stupid to not have an appear offline function for the first 2.5 years, but all in all, I would much rather pay a small premium to have a seamlessly integrated online experience versus a free service where cross game chat and other features don't exist (PSN) or are all 3rd party and have to be patched together with inconsistent reliability (Steam + take your pick apps/ programs).

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »