Home

No Franchise Mode Website at Launch For Madden NFL 17, Companion App Possibly Coming

This is a discussion on No Franchise Mode Website at Launch For Madden NFL 17, Companion App Possibly Coming within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2016, 06:44 PM   #9
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: No Franchise Mode Website at Launch For Madden NFL 17, Companion App Possibly Com

I dont mind EA not having a website, so long as they keep the functionality for 3rd parties such as daddy leagues.

Sounds like DL is losing some of its functionality, not being able to do trades and cuts, unless that wasnt available and im not remembering properly.

Its been part of my dynasty/franchise for so many years going back to ncaa, that i can game at night then access my franchise during the day to observe stats, games, progress players etc.

That much needs to stay in place or its a major disappointment.

Ideally they'll be adding functionality. We shal see, and i hope this is something to be rolling out quickly....

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 08-23-2016, 06:58 PM   #10
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: No Franchise Mode Website at Launch For Madden NFL 17, Companion App Possibly Com

Quote:
Originally Posted by solmon
Zero explanation as to why no website...weak.
From their press release:

Quote:
Early on during our development cycle, the team decided that we would shift our focus from maintaining and supporting the Franchise Mode website in favor of developing a Native Mobile Companion App.
That is the explanation. Development priorities changed. You don't have to like it, but to say no explanation was offered is false.
Old 08-24-2016, 07:03 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0
Having a fully functional app would be big. I have limited time to play at night, but I can easily find a couple of 10 minute gaps at work during the day to progress players, tinker with lineups, scout, etc. This way I could take advantage of all the depth of franchise and concentrate on on-field gameplay when I get home. If they can pull that off I'd have no problem paying a few bucks for an app like that
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2016, 07:07 AM   #12
MVP

Having never used the app, can somebody explain the difference between what it was and what companion app is?
Old 08-24-2016, 08:11 AM   #13
Rookie

scoobyskyline3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
I dont mind EA not having a website, so long as they keep the functionality for 3rd parties such as daddy leagues.

Sounds like DL is losing some of its functionality, not being able to do trades and cuts, unless that wasnt available and im not remembering properly.

Its been part of my dynasty/franchise for so many years going back to ncaa, that i can game at night then access my franchise during the day to observe stats, games, progress players etc.

That much needs to stay in place or its a major disappointment.

Ideally they'll be adding functionality. We shal see, and i hope this is something to be rolling out quickly....
DL you used to be able to do trades and cuts, in my opinion they shouldve had the companion app or website ready by release. I would like the app but honestly, how long will it take for them to get it out? They havent set an ETA for us.
Old 08-24-2016, 08:15 AM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobyskyline3
DL you used to be able to do trades and cuts, in my opinion they shouldve had the companion app or website ready by release. I would like the app but honestly, how long will it take for them to get it out? They havent set an ETA for us.
I believe we will get an announcement on features and such in early to mid September.
Old 08-24-2016, 08:36 AM   #15
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
I believe we will get an announcement on features and such in early to mid September.
Hope its early Sept. Leagues ready to start as soon as that roster update hits after preseason is over.

Looking forward to it and still using DaddyLeagues . Even if i cant advance from DL or do trades, if i can do those things from App, then the main thing is still possible, being able to take care of things like that from web/app.

DaddyLeagues to me, even without advance button and ability to trade, is still a great thing to have. All stats in one easy to search place, chats , forums for league stuff, live streams, customizable webpage,being able to compare any players side by side , search tool with great filters,and having 1 place to post all league videos and stories for the seasons to me still makes it more than worth it.For 22$ ( if thats the same price for returning leagues) for 11 months of service is still a tiny amount to pay for all that.

Looking forward to seeing this app and hoping it adds some much needed commish tools as well. Also looking forward to getting our league started!Enjoying the gameplay so far!

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2016, 09:49 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 13
This would be HUGE for me. Being able to tinker with my franchise while away from my PC, like drafting trading, etc, would be the best thing since . . . well, a really good thing. One question, if folks know - I only play offline franchise - would an app (or a website) work for that or does one need an online franchise?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »