Home

No Franchise Mode Website at Launch For Madden NFL 17, Companion App Possibly Coming

This is a discussion on No Franchise Mode Website at Launch For Madden NFL 17, Companion App Possibly Coming within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2016, 09:55 AM   #17
Rookie

bloobloouk's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: No Franchise Mode Website at Launch For Madden NFL 17, Companion App Possibly Com

I'm hoping that this app will offer some way of extracting team information in CSV or similar. I'm a spreadsheet geek and love expanding on the GM side of the game in this way.

I wish they would consider publishing details of a full public API for those who would like to make use of it. You could access it previously (that's how DaddyLeagues did it) but you needed to know where to look, and working out how to handle rate limits was an excercise of trial and error. Now, I'm really glad I didn't spend the last couple of months building my own companion app using the old access points!
Old 08-24-2016, 09:57 AM   #18
MVP

Re: No Franchise Mode Website at Launch For Madden NFL 17, Companion App Possibly Com

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
This would be HUGE for me. Being able to tinker with my franchise while away from my PC, like drafting trading, etc, would be the best thing since . . . well, a really good thing. One question, if folks know - I only play offline franchise - would an app (or a website) work for that or does one need an online franchise?
I imagine it would only work for online leagues because the info is on the servers.
Old 08-24-2016, 10:30 AM   #19
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
I believe we will get an announcement on features and such in early to mid September.

Hoooo boooy, is that going to be the ETA on getting DL up and running as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
Hope its early Sept. Leagues ready to start as soon as that roster update hits after preseason is over.

Looking forward to it and still using DaddyLeagues . Even if i cant advance from DL or do trades, if i can do those things from App, then the main thing is still possible, being able to take care of things like that from web/app.

DaddyLeagues to me, even without advance button and ability to trade, is still a great thing to have. All stats in one easy to search place, chats , forums for league stuff, live streams, customizable webpage,being able to compare any players side by side , search tool with great filters,and having 1 place to post all league videos and stories for the seasons to me still makes it more than worth it.For 22$ ( if thats the same price for returning leagues) for 11 months of service is still a tiny amount to pay for all that.

Looking forward to seeing this app and hoping it adds some much needed commish tools as well. Also looking forward to getting our league started!Enjoying the gameplay so far!

I know it says "We will not be able to sign/release and trade players from the site" hopefully we'll be able to spend XP, that's a biggie for me.

I started my CFM last night, it's killing me not being able to access it via the web here at my work.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.

Last edited by BadAssHskr; 08-24-2016 at 10:39 AM.
Old 08-24-2016, 10:50 AM   #20
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

This seems a little short sighted by the Madden Dev team. Seems like they should at least support Daddyleagues and their functionality unless they have something better up their sleeves. I know Daddyleagues is pretty important in the success of many online CFMs.
Old 08-24-2016, 10:55 AM   #21
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
This seems a little short sighted by the Madden Dev team. Seems like they should at least support Daddyleagues and their functionality unless they have something better up their sleeves. I know Daddyleagues is pretty important in the success of many online CFMs.
Totally agree, i don't care if they don't want to support their website, but at least let me log in select my franchise and grab a franchise ID. If they need to do maintenance at DL when it gets close, a few days down time then is better than being completely shut out now.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2016, 11:12 AM   #22
Banned

Calling it now......this app won't be out before November. If it is out pre-November it won't have near the functionality that we want. Anybody want to take a bet?
Old 08-24-2016, 11:16 AM   #23
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
EA hasn't even updated their site to Madden 17 ultimate

I find Daddyleagues similar to a site called MUTHEAD. MH is basically the database/forum for ultimate team. They are allowed to promote new cards before release and there is clearly a open partnership. It works.

Dev team focuses on creating new cards and MUTHEAD focuses on new website features to assist players.

The same should be for CFM, in my opinion. Outsource the online companion app/website and focus delivering patches and new features.
Old 08-24-2016, 11:18 AM   #24
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr

I know it says "We will not be able to sign/release and trade players from the site" hopefully we'll be able to spend XP, that's a biggie for me.

I started my CFM last night, it's killing me not being able to access it via the web here at my work.

Well, while i did prefer DL way of spending points alot over trying to do it on the EA website( because quite frankly DL just did a better job with it and many other features as well).I feel like since it was a function on the ea website ,you probably will be able to spend xp on app . i dont know that for sure, but just thinking if they already had it, probably being ported to app, maybe they took some notes from DL and fixed it to work better on app.

To me , as long as i can get a function for those things from app thats fine with me. DL still provides alot to a league for 2$ a month even without the advance button, trades,fa pick ups, and spending xp.

And i feel you on that last part. Id love to look over the test league i started at work right now.Guess ill have to be more productive instead. Maybe do another page layout haha.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »