Home

NASCAR Heat Evolution Hands-On Impressions (Polygon)

This is a discussion on NASCAR Heat Evolution Hands-On Impressions (Polygon) within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2016, 12:48 PM   #9
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NASCAR Heat Evolution Hands-On Impressions (Polygon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
This is sounding nice, I'm still a little hesitant. I should have pre-ordered it when I was in the other day, but I've got so many new games in deep into right now with Madden, F12016, and then FH3 around the corner too, I may hold off on this one and NHL for a little bit.
This is my problem as well. You've got NASCAR, NHL, PES and Bioshock Collection all coming out on the same day. Not to mention NBA 2K three days later. Given it's a first effort, you're virtually asking for people to wait on this.

Seriously, the marketing heads for these sports games need to work on their release scheduling.
Old 08-26-2016, 01:53 PM   #10
MVP

Thrash13's Arena

OVR: 7

This one looks to be shaping up pretty well, but I just can't see myself getting it at release after getting F1 and Madden in the last week. PES 2017 and FIFA 17 come out in September, and WWE 2K17 is scheduled for an early October release. If this would've been released a few months ago, it would've been a definite purchase. As of now, however, it's looking like a Black Friday possibility.
Old 08-27-2016, 06:28 PM   #11
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

That was a nice write-up. I also was intrigued with how the alcohol sponsors appear in the game as gated DLC (have to be 21 or over to download those sponsors....like that can be enforced? lol). Just happy they are in. Happy to hear good things about the AI and the like, but honestly, with NASCAR games of the past few years they just simply weren't good enough.

Add to that is the fact that F1 2016 has set the racing game bar pretty high this year. I'd like to support this NASCAR game if it's worthy, with the understanding of setting expectations for graphics in particular. I've got my hands full with F1 and Madden 17 for my gaming time right now.

My aim right now is to wait and see how this one grades out in our community first before I jump in or no. It has a solid pedigree, but this will still be a 'first effort' for this generation, so we'll see.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2016, 09:12 AM   #12
MVP

dave360's Arena

OVR: 17

Has anyone seen any videos with yellow flags or pit stops? I love what I've seen with the AI. I know the graphics are a bit meh, but I don't mind that if the racing is good. I'd like to see vids before release of what happens with yellows or how pit stops are controlled. Probably will end up with it both for PC and PS4 if it's good.
Old 09-05-2016, 10:56 AM   #13
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave360
Has anyone seen any videos with yellow flags or pit stops? I love what I've seen with the AI. I know the graphics are a bit meh, but I don't mind that if the racing is good. I'd like to see vids before release of what happens with yellows or how pit stops are controlled. Probably will end up with it both for PC and PS4 if it's good.
Curious about that myself.

Will be interesting to see also how the game handles a 'Big One' at Tally and Daytona from a crash physics/graphics point of view as well as caution or red flags.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 09-05-2016, 05:54 PM   #14
MVP

dave360's Arena

OVR: 17

My biggest hope is that it sells like hotcakes and we get Trucks and xFinity in the next few years. I have little interest in racing at the cookie cutters or superspeedways and find the short tracks and road courses far more appealing. Would love to see the road courses from the xFinity series (Mid Ohio and Road America) but man oh man, I'd triple dip if they put MoSport in a console game. I absolutely loved having VIR and Road Atlanta in Forza.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »