Home

NBA 2K17 Hands-On Impressions, Players Have Full Control of What They See (Uproxx)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 Hands-On Impressions, Players Have Full Control of What They See (Uproxx) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2016, 02:29 PM   #9
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: How The Hyper-Realistic ‘NBA 2K17’ Showcases The Importance Of Your Stick Skills

I have always used buttons for jump shots but shot stick for layups, dunks and low post moves so this is very intriguing to me.
Old 08-29-2016, 02:30 PM   #10
Rookie

bottledwaterfan25's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: How The Hyper-Realistic ‘NBA 2K17’ Showcases The Importance Of Your Stick Skills

I love these type of articles, where we hear about actual gameplay. I am ready to read some Dev blogs to get the full detailed story.

Really looking forward to hearing about the shot stick mechanics, as well as hearing about new changes to defense.
"I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan
Old 08-29-2016, 02:33 PM   #11
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Looking forward to it. Might be in practice modes a little longer this year.

Seems like they implied size ups are gone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2016, 02:35 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 0

i sure hope size ups are gone! use your own creativity to break an opponent down. not pre made cheese lmao!

im looking forward to mastering the stick shot control

Last edited by coachcolbert; 08-29-2016 at 02:36 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 08-29-2016, 02:44 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 2

Sounds good. Definitely widening the skill gap with dribbling. At first I was against them removing the signature size ups but now I realize removing them gives more control and thus more creativity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-29-2016, 02:45 PM   #14
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Sounds good...its exactly what a lot of people said they wanted....it will be interesting to see how players react to having to learn the sticks
Old 08-29-2016, 02:50 PM   #15
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Interesting. Some good points:
  • developer emphasis on user control on offense
  • freedom from offensive animation "prison"
  • likely ability to operate better from triple threat and off the dribble
  • combine this with an apparent emphasis on better player collision dynamics, we should see improved organic physical interactions without clipping animations
Some questions:
  • What about defense? So far we haven't heard about greater user control of defense, where it has been needed even more than on offense. That means animations, on ball and off ball
  • What about passing? Greater player control should also mean more reliable passing actions and control. For years, the directional passing hasa been very unreliable and icon passing very slow/clumsy in getting the ball efficiently to a target. If the devs really focused on player control from all aspects involved, hopefully user passing has improved, though I know it's always been challenging to code as players move and are directionally mere degrees of separation from each other relative to the passer.
Overall, a focus on player control and skill is a good thing, and I'm glad for this news. I just want to know how far it extends and of course see how well it is implemented.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2016, 02:55 PM   #16
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34

Interesting. Anything that involves giving more control back to the user is welcome, even though I'm still trying to figure out how to consistently dribble the ball between my left leg.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »