Home

Peter Moore on NCAA Football, "We'll Be Back"

This is a discussion on Peter Moore on NCAA Football, "We'll Be Back" within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2016, 05:44 PM   #9
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
I didn't really play NCAA Football because I'm just not a big football fan but I would be all over a new NCAA Basketball game. I would be fine with generic rosters as well, I just want an updated NCAA game with all the features we have given to us today.
Old 08-31-2016, 06:42 PM   #10
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Peter Moore on NCAA Football, "We'll Be Back"

I'm not as pessimistic as everyone else.

I think we'll have a breakthrough soon that - while not paying players - will allow them to make money on their own likeness. At that point, EA has the option of paying players or ignoring likeness all together. I think it's the schools they care about and less so the players.

As soon as everyone is feeling like a middle ground has been met, we'll see NCAA games popping up again.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 08-31-2016, 09:50 PM   #11
MVP

sheredia's Arena

OVR: 12
i'm confused.....a player owns their likeness without the name? don't they have to own the likeness first? can't EA put a disclaimer in the game stating the players in the game are not based on real players or likenesses? and any similarities are purely accidental?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2016, 10:00 PM   #12
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheredia
i'm confused.....a player owns their likeness without the name? don't they have to own the likeness first? can't EA put a disclaimer in the game stating the players in the game are not based on real players or likenesses? and any similarities are purely accidental?
I think the definitive answer to that is still being worked through the courts. But it does appear that say a 6'2" right handed black QB on Clemson number 4 and rated as the best QB in game would constitute Desaun Watsons likeness. Even if he isn't named or looks anything like him. It's confusing. If we do see another collegiate game without the official likeness of current collegiate players that there would be a disclaimer and that all parties involved would take extra measures to avoid any likeness claims and lawsuits. Look at the collegiate players in 2Ks MyCareer. They bear zero resemblance to any player on the respective college teams.
Old 08-31-2016, 10:06 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheredia

A player's likeness is much, much more than a person's name. It contains but is not limited to name, hometown, height, weight, handiness.

There is no coincidence when you create an African-American quarterback from Gainesville, FLA, that is 6'3/215 lbs, throws right handed that is in his junior year at Clemson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-31-2016, 10:57 PM   #14
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

Just made it fully editable and you won't have to worry about player likenesses unless they are created by the user/community.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 08-31-2016, 11:15 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herky
Just made it fully editable and you won't have to worry about player likenesses unless they are created by the user/community.

You mean like NCAA already was? How did that turn out for them?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2016, 08:40 AM   #16
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
A player's likeness is much, much more than a person's name. It contains but is not limited to name, hometown, height, weight, handiness.

There is no coincidence when you create an African-American quarterback from Gainesville, FLA, that is 6'3/215 lbs, throws right handed that is in his junior year at Clemson.

The thing that I'm still confused about is exactly how different from the actual player does it have to be to not have a "likeness" claim. The stuff you quoted is a dead ringer for Watson. That's blatant and no coincidence. But say if the QB was 6'5", 220, black and right handed. From Atlanta Ga, and numbered 14. But he was still rated pretty good. I don't think it would but I don't know.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »