Home

NBA 2K17 Hands-On Impressions - Part 1 of 4 (Forbes)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 Hands-On Impressions - Part 1 of 4 (Forbes) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2016, 06:00 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
I'm just waiting for non fanboys of this franchise to play this game and tell the difference, this franchise literally has more fanboys that claim you can tell the difference every year, when in reality, basically plays the same. Only then commentary nothing really excites me. I hope create a player is better and actually allow us to put tattoos on them, that was so lame last year, all these tattoo creations but wouldn't let you put a single tattoo on CAP.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2016, 06:00 AM   #26
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K17 Hands-On Impressions - Part 1 of 4 (Forbes)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk
Im keen to see how this dribbling system plays out.

The signature size ups are gone, which seems to indicate a loss of individual player style.
Yeah I speculated this also dude. A few of the guys tell me that it's confirmed still signature though. Just broken up (1 dribble move per directional input).

Whereas in 2K16 it was flick once for 3/4/5 moves (signature).

So again, I've been told by a few people on other threads it's apparently still signature. Just broken up.
Old 09-01-2016, 06:06 AM   #27
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkWilliam
Yeah I speculated this also dude. A few of the guys tell me that it's confirmed still signature though. Just broken up (1 dribble move per directional input).

Whereas in 2K16 it was flick once for 3/4/5 moves (signature).

So again, I've been told by a few people on other threads it's apparently still signature. Just broken up.
That's good to hear. I was about worried; I'd hate for a flick of the right stick would trigger an animation that was identical whether doing it with Kyrie Irving or Kendrick Perkins.
Old 09-01-2016, 06:44 AM   #28
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Banner
I'm just waiting for non fanboys of this franchise to play this game and tell the difference, this franchise literally has more fanboys that claim you can tell the difference every year, when in reality, basically plays the same. Only then commentary nothing really excites me. I hope create a player is better and actually allow us to put tattoos on them, that was so lame last year, all these tattoo creations but wouldn't let you put a single tattoo on CAP.
You posted in a thread where a non fanboy got the chance to play...
Old 09-01-2016, 06:54 AM   #29
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk
That's good to hear. I was about worried; I'd hate for a flick of the right stick would trigger an animation that was identical whether doing it with Kyrie Irving or Kendrick Perkins.
Yeah I hear you. But there's been assurance which is enough for me. Some have even insisted that it's quite visible on some of the leaked vids (I just personally couldn't take much from them).

But listen, blogs are around the corner if 99% isn't enough.

It would be odd of them to remove signature stuff though - total backwards move so that sort of backs up any doubt (if word of mouth isn't enough).

Last edited by MarkWilliam; 09-01-2016 at 06:58 AM.
Old 09-01-2016, 09:07 AM   #30
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
You posted in a thread where a non fanboy got the chance to play...
He's a doctor though...
Old 09-01-2016, 09:34 AM   #31
Rookie

CEOHaize's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Banner
They have absolutely added depth and you can feel. It's not about being a fanboy it's more about the way you probably play the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2016, 10:38 AM   #32
Rookie

Kind of off topic but I dislike how they are marketing the game through the big youtubers (and magazine websites) this year. It feels like all of the information flow is primarily going through third parties. I'd rather they had released the details on their own first then let the youtubers, etc. elaborate on them in their videos/articles. I don't want to be forced (I know I'm not technically forced) to sit through these long videos and hear these young overhyped kids talk about the game. I'm not trying to sound like an old head (I'm under 30 lol), but I'd rather hear the game discussed by someone more my speed, or just read about it. Brian doesn't fit that category but the overall sentiment is the same. Not to mention having third parties releasing info first creates more confusion because when we ask questions they don't know everything.

2K16 was slow on info too but I feel like we had more information last year before the community day. The current year marketing scheme was really annoying and frankly negligent. There is no way we should be 1 week away from the demo and 2 weeks away from the game without getting any in depth info directly from 2k. The trailer should have been dropped during the finals, gameplay discussed in July, modes in August, and everybody would have been happy. Somebody at 2k please read this and adjust for next year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »