Home

NASCAR Heat Evolution DLC Details - Spotter Voices, Paint Scheme & Challenge Packs

This is a discussion on NASCAR Heat Evolution DLC Details - Spotter Voices, Paint Scheme & Challenge Packs within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2016, 11:55 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NASCAR Heat Evolution DLC Details - Spotter Voices, Paint Scheme & Challenge Packs

NASCAR Heat Evolution has announced three different types of DLC; Paint Scheme Packs, Spotter Voices, and Challenge Packs and plan to release a different mix of paid and free DLC monthly through the end of the year. The first content will be available September 13, when the game officially releases. More details can be seen at the official site.
  • Spotter Audio: NASCAR Heat Evolution will ship with Bobby Labonte as the Spotter Audio, but players will have the option to download different spotter voices to make their races unique. We plan to release a variety of Spotter Audio ranging from real life spotters to drivers, announcers, and more. On launch day, NBC on NASCAR announcer Rick Allen’s Spotter Audio will be available for $0.99.
  • Challenge Packs: In addition to the 23 Challenges shipping with NASCAR Heat Evolution, new Challenge Packs will be available every month so players can keep pursuing greatness. On September 13, Challenge Pack 1 will be available for $0.99 with 4 new Challenges.

Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Steve_OS; 09-01-2016 at 11:59 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2016, 12:49 PM   #2
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NASCAR Heat Evolution DLC Details - Spotter Voices, Paint Scheme & Challenge Pack

I'm usually pretty skeptical about DLC, but at least this shows a commitment to post-release support. The Darlington throwback paint schemes are pricey but I'm sure I'll want them. This is getting closer and closer to a pre-order for me.
Old 09-02-2016, 07:09 AM   #3
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NASCAR Heat Evolution DLC Details - Spotter Voices, Paint Scheme & Challenge Pack

I bit the bullett and pre-ordered last night. The screens in the game hub on xb1 looked much nicer than the videos we've seen, and I've noticed that in stores and online (amazon, best buy) here in Canada this game is priced at 79.99, but it was 59 on the XB store. So, I did something I dont normally do, and I went digital with it.
Old 09-02-2016, 08:56 AM   #4
Rookie

mcmax3000's Arena

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
I bit the bullett and pre-ordered last night. The screens in the game hub on xb1 looked much nicer than the videos we've seen, and I've noticed that in stores and online (amazon, best buy) here in Canada this game is priced at 79.99, but it was 59 on the XB store. So, I did something I dont normally do, and I went digital with it.
I had been thinking of waiting until it got a bit of a price drop, because I didn't want to pay $80 for it, but if it's only $60 on the XBL store, I think I'll pull the trigger.

I'm going to be set for racing games for quite awhile... Just got F1 2016, and then both NASCAR, and Forza Horizon 3 coming this month.
Old 09-02-2016, 09:28 AM   #5
Rookie

Really really really bummed this isn't getting a release in England.

Makes no sense.

Import options really limited too!

I'll have to see if I can get it on the US PS store but I'd much rather have physical copy!

Annoyed and miffed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2016, 09:28 AM   #6
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmax3000
I had been thinking of waiting until it got a bit of a price drop, because I didn't want to pay $80 for it, but if it's only $60 on the XBL store, I think I'll pull the trigger.

I'm going to be set for racing games for quite awhile... Just got F1 2016, and then both NASCAR, and Forza Horizon 3 coming this month.

Sure is a full slate of driving games. F1 is a beauty this year. I expect FH3 to be incredible as well. I've got no problem paying that price for those two games. This one, makes me a bit nervous still. Especially to pay that $80 price the big retailers want for it up here. I was going to wait for some reviews/impressions, but at $60, I'm ok with that, I just hope I don't regret it. They've released enough videos to put me at ease for the racing, knowing they've had Keselowski and others in there helping them create things and provide input is a big plus to me. Hopefully it provides a good Nascar racing experience. Im more of a Nascar fan, than F1, but this Nascar game has to be really good to reach the bar that F1 has set for a top tier racing series "sim".

When it comes to these games, I'd love dynamic racing lines. F1 does a nice job of having the groove contain much more grip, and does a great job "penalizing" the player with loss of grip in corners if they're out of that line. I'd like to see a Nascar game do that. However, since there's typically multiple lines through many of the corners on Nascar tracks, they'd have to be dynamic and adapt to the lines the player, and the AI is running. Maybe I'm asking for a lot here, but F1 does a lot of those little things so well, and the former Nascar games haven't. Hopefully this new team keeps that stuff in mind as their game develops over the years.
Old 09-02-2016, 03:39 PM   #7
Rookie

mcmax3000's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
Sure is a full slate of driving games. F1 is a beauty this year. I expect FH3 to be incredible as well. I've got no problem paying that price for those two games. This one, makes me a bit nervous still. Especially to pay that $80 price the big retailers want for it up here. I was going to wait for some reviews/impressions, but at $60, I'm ok with that, I just hope I don't regret it.
I'm not really a NASCAR, or F1 fan in terms of the actual sports, but I really enjoy racing games. I've heard good things about F1, so I pulled the trigger on that last night. My download should be done when I get home, so I'm looking forward to checking it out this weekend.

NASCAR is probably the type of racing game I've played the least in the past, but this one looks pretty good.
Old 09-03-2016, 08:42 AM   #8
Rookie

OPDriver's Arena

They could pay me $0.99 for the Rick Allen spotter pack and I still wouldn't download it.

2014 OSFC CHAMPION

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »