Home

NHL 17 Trial Available For EA Access Subscribers, Play For 10 Hours

This is a discussion on NHL 17 Trial Available For EA Access Subscribers, Play For 10 Hours within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2016, 09:01 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Because Madden's gameplay is good and NHL is probably worst sports game out now that Live is gone this year.
Old 09-08-2016, 11:21 AM   #10
MVP

Gerg04's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NHL 17 Trial Available Now For EA Access Subscribers, Play For 10 Hours

I only got a couple games of Online vs in last night... But it feels different from the beta.

It feels like all the "small" changes (that I found to be major despite how "small") are gone. And if they're gone, this game plays A LOT like '16.

Gonna play more before I make a determination obviously.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Old 09-08-2016, 11:33 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingTocco
How is it non as compelling as Madden's? It's literally the exact same thing, if anything I think NHL's is better because of the team themes you pick at the beginning.

I tried it out as well, haven't played a game yet. I picked Stanley Cup Champions and selected Mike Modano with my first pick and got the Nicklas Lidstrom, I was pretty excited.

Can't wait to try them out, the legend cards look really cool too.
. Your pretty much just drafting the best person available. Madden you really have to think about draft picks. Do you draft the 89 DT or the 80 qb in the 14th round. NHL doesn't have that. It's more so the game it's self then the mode beacuse everyone pretty much plays the same.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2016, 11:48 AM   #12
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Re: NHL 17 Trial Available Now For EA Access Subscribers, Play For 10 Hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by snc237
. Your pretty much just drafting the best person available. Madden you really have to think about draft picks. Do you draft the 89 DT or the 80 qb in the 14th round. NHL doesn't have that. It's more so the game it's self then the mode beacuse everyone pretty much plays the same.
Disagree on this, that's the same thing as Madden. You almost always pick the best player available in Madden too...

I had to pick who I wanted in the last round last night and it was a toss up between 3 legends, not me just picking who the best player was.

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco
Old 09-08-2016, 11:56 AM   #13
Rookie

GrandMaster B's Arena

OVR: 15
For offline players, I read that if you aren't connected to Live, you can play the trial more than 10 hours. EA does not track time if you are offline.
Old 09-08-2016, 12:22 PM   #14
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandMaster B
For offline players, I read that if you aren't connected to Live, you can play the trial more than 10 hours. EA does not track time if you are offline.
I don't think you are able to play trial version if you aren't connected to Live. In the past anytime I tried to play a trial while offline a message would alert me that I can't access the game if I'm not connected.
Old 09-11-2016, 01:58 PM   #15
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingTocco
How is it non as compelling as Madden's? It's literally the exact same thing, if anything I think NHL's is better because of the team themes you pick at the beginning.

I tried it out as well, haven't played a game yet. I picked Stanley Cup Champions and selected Mike Modano with my first pick and got the Nicklas Lidstrom, I was pretty excited.

Can't wait to try them out, the legend cards look really cool too.
Madden 16 "Draft Champions" mode was better because you had to pick players who suited the offensive and defensive styles of your coach. This year it's basically pick the best available which was a sad downgrade of the mode in my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2016, 11:36 AM   #16
Rookie

BigBadAss33's Arena

Re: NHL 17 Trial Available For EA Access Subscribers, Play For 10 Hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
I don't think you are able to play trial version if you aren't connected to Live. In the past anytime I tried to play a trial while offline a message would alert me that I can't access the game if I'm not connected.
That's not true! I do not have Xbox live and I downloaded the trial just fine. It also says I have 8 hours left to play. I do NOT play online modes and I hope that the trial keeps playing. I can't afford the game right now!! The gameplay is also a little different. They also adjusted the sliders to go 1-100. And added a bunch more sliders to adjust.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »