Home

NBA 2K17 The Prelude Available Now on Xbox One and PlayStation 4

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 The Prelude Available Now on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2016, 01:56 AM   #17
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K17 The Prelude Available Now on Xbox One and PlayStation 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Are you getting the hang of the shot stick? I'm struggling with the aiming part, lol.
Funny thing is when I aim up it's almost always dead on 90 degrees but when I aim down it's pretty far off.

I also had this funny sequence where I had a wide open shot in the corner but I didn't know whether I wanted to shoot with the stick up or down so I sort of had a brain freeze for a second.

Right now it's a whole bunch of confusion but I'm liking it lol. That and the timing of layups is bringing a whole new layer of skill to the game. I can't wait to get the full game and start playing next week.
Old 09-09-2016, 01:58 AM   #18
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Are you getting the hang of the shot stick? I'm struggling with the aiming part, lol.
I'm getting the hang of the shot stick, it's pretty nice I like it. I like the different buttons for different passes, that's cool.

Defense is much harder this year it seems, although these are generic 2K dudes in the 2KU tutorial.

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco
Old 09-09-2016, 02:04 AM   #19
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

To my defensive minded players...

Make sure your finger is OFF the LT when you're using the hands up animation. Otherwise, you'll use one of the RS steal attempts.
Old 09-09-2016, 02:13 AM   #20
Rookie

zaywop's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingTocco
I like the different buttons for different passes, that's cool.
this was in 2k16 lol
Old 09-09-2016, 02:15 AM   #21
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
Funny thing is when I aim up it's almost always dead on 90 degrees but when I aim down it's pretty far off.

I also had this funny sequence where I had a wide open shot in the corner but I didn't know whether I wanted to shoot with the stick up or down so I sort of had a brain freeze for a second.

Right now it's a whole bunch of confusion but I'm liking it lol. That and the timing of layups is bringing a whole new layer of skill to the game. I can't wait to get the full game and start playing next week.
I keep looking at my controller to make sure that I know where the center of down is, lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2016, 02:16 AM   #22
Rookie

Anybody know true size of prelude. It said around 15 gb at first but now that it's downloading it is saying 4.921 gbs. My internet runs off of a toaster basically so 15 gbs would take me about 2 days and some change.
Old 09-09-2016, 02:19 AM   #23
Pro

dom5552's Arena

OVR: 3

I was messing around in the post a bit in the 2KU and it is NICE this year. Much more smooth and I felt that I was able to branch out much better into an up and under or something like that. My ONLY complaint about the whole game (so far) is the animation of the follow through for the big white guy's(#5 I think on the team you are placed on) shimmy hook haha. He's a lefty and I did a shimmy hook with the right hand and he did the hook correctly but almost as soon as the ball left his fingertips, his left hand went up as if he had just followed through on a jumpshot haha. I don't know if that's an animation glitch or not. Nothing big but besides that, I'm impressed so far!

PSN: TheDom45
Old 09-09-2016, 02:21 AM   #24
Rookie

minwager's Arena

Still not sure how fadeaways work with the directional shot stick thing, I feel like sometimes it's there but other times its just time based

I'm loving these new additions, the game feels more alive with like timing the layup instead of just feeling like you're watching animations

Last edited by minwager; 09-09-2016 at 02:29 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »