Home

FIFA 17 Demo Arrives on September 13, Experience The Journey & Much More

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 Demo Arrives on September 13, Experience The Journey & Much More within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2016, 08:56 AM   #9
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Very, very anxious to try this out. I pretty much had myself talked into PES this weekend, but then I was doing some option file research and it sounds like the upload process is going to be really cumbersome, not just one transfer of the cumulative edit data like in years past. I know that probably sounds really petty, but damn, I barely get 2 or 3 hours of gaming time a week, I'm definitely not looking to spend it transferring option file data one team at a time.

For me, the FIFA demo comes down to CPU play styles, plain and simple. I know that I can have tons of fun with the ball, but if the CPU effort is repetitive and boring, then it's a no for me. I want to see different teams play different ways, and I want to see a wide variety of attempts on goal from the CPU.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:21 AM   #10
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: FIFA 17 Demo Arrives on September 13, Experience The Journey & Much More

Really solid list of clubs.

Can't wait to play this...
Old 09-12-2016, 09:45 AM   #11
Pro

SilverChaosVII's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
Very, very anxious to try this out. I pretty much had myself talked into PES this weekend, but then I was doing some option file research and it sounds like the upload process is going to be really cumbersome, not just one transfer of the cumulative edit data like in years past. I know that probably sounds really petty, but damn, I barely get 2 or 3 hours of gaming time a week, I'm definitely not looking to spend it transferring option file data one team at a time.

For me, the FIFA demo comes down to CPU play styles, plain and simple. I know that I can have tons of fun with the ball, but if the CPU effort is repetitive and boring, then it's a no for me. I want to see different teams play different ways, and I want to see a wide variety of attempts on goal from the CPU.
PES has batch upload. You download all the files as one batch and upload it. Should take you 10 minutes max.

That said, looking forward to trying the FIFA demo out. As always, I'll get both games. Hopefully FIFA finally made some steps in the right direction after going downhill the last few years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2016, 09:55 AM   #12
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverChaosVII
PES has batch upload. You download all the files as one batch and upload it. Should take you 10 minutes max.

That said, looking forward to trying the FIFA demo out. As always, I'll get both games. Hopefully FIFA finally made some steps in the right direction after going downhill the last few years.
I don't think that's correct man. The guys at PES Universe were saying that you had to do them 1 team at a time, so I looked on Konami's site and sure enough.....

"Import all your edited kits and player data in a batch on your USB flash memory. Select your team and apply the data you choose."

I hope you're right man, seems insane to me that this process would get more difficult on newer technology. I don't even mind doing a few hours of work initially, it's having to do it all over again every time there's an update to the file, or a data pack from Konami.....that scares me.
Old 09-12-2016, 10:33 AM   #13
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
I don't think that's correct man. The guys at PES Universe were saying that you had to do them 1 team at a time, so I looked on Konami's site and sure enough.....

"Import all your edited kits and player data in a batch on your USB flash memory. Select your team and apply the data you choose."

I hope you're right man, seems insane to me that this process would get more difficult on newer technology. I don't even mind doing a few hours of work initially, it's having to do it all over again every time there's an update to the file, or a data pack from Konami.....that scares me.
This video should help ease your worries, might have to spend some time editing League names and competitions though.
https://twitter.com/FaisalEzran/stat...48079025397760

but.. to not turn this into a PES thread I can't wait to try the Fifa demo, I looking forward to see how the shielding feature works in game, hopefully it isn't overpowered.

Last edited by RoyceDa59; 09-12-2016 at 10:36 AM.
Old 09-12-2016, 11:04 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 5

I just checked the Austrailin and New Zealand Xbox store. No Fifa 17 demo yet. I'm the past I have gotten it a day early from there. I'm not exactly sure if the time difference. I will check back later and if it's there I will post it here.

Last edited by BenVenom; 09-12-2016 at 12:20 PM.
Old 09-12-2016, 11:24 AM   #15
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
This video should help ease your worries, might have to spend some time editing League names and competitions though.
https://twitter.com/FaisalEzran/stat...48079025397760

but.. to not turn this into a PES thread I can't wait to try the Fifa demo, I looking forward to see how the shielding feature works in game, hopefully it isn't overpowered.
You have just made $60 for Konami, good sir.

But yeah, I agree about the shielding in FIFA. I love that they have a more defined means to protect the ball, it just comes down to whether the appropriate players will be the ones able to do it effectively. I know Hazard is a strong little guy, but I don't want to see him backing down CBs. If they get it right though, it's a really nice addition.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2016, 12:23 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

Getting kits for PES is really easy to do. It can take some time if you want to do 3rd or 4th kits, and edit the # fonts etc. But download onto usb is quick and easy

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »