Home

FIFA 17 Adds 3 New Stadiums, New Competition Presentation & Much More

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 Adds 3 New Stadiums, New Competition Presentation & Much More within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2016, 09:09 PM   #9
Banned

BucksInSix's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 17 Adds 3 New Stadiums, New Competition Presentation & Much More

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Man
I'm really hoping we get that... the generic package I've seen in beta videos is very annoying to look at.

Sent from my SM-A300H using Tapatalk
I totally agree. EA is a major sponsor of the Premier League so I have to believe they were able to get them in? Honestly, the full licensing of the EPL makes me attached to Fifa by default. So if they dropped the ball on the presentation, I may have to invest in PES.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Old 09-12-2016, 09:18 PM   #10
Rookie

KennyJ1976's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
Nice to see another competition specific presentation package for The FA Cup, but only adding three new stadiums is a bit of a letdown, I must say.

I'm sure it won't happen, but heck, I'd be fine with DLC for additional stadiums. Something like the entire Bundesliga would be just wonderful.
To me, it seems that EA is more concerned with keeping things out of PES than with adding to their own game, unless its the Premier League. They get exclusive license with La Liga, yet do absolutely nothing with it, not even add one stadium. They've done very little with Bundesliga or the rest of the leagues in the game, but it would be a crime if the Premier League had a generic stadium. Of the measly 3 stadiums they added, 2 of them are Premier League. The Premier League gets another presentation package, The Journey, and licensed managers while the rest of the leagues get neglected. EA should call this game, FIFA Ultimate Team, featuring the Premier League because those are their only concerns. Now I see how they lost Camp Nou to PES and out of spite, they got the La Liga exclusive.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:44 PM   #11
MVP

Thrash13's Arena

OVR: 7

Like most others, I was hoping for more stadiums (Bundesliga and MLS mostly), but I'll probably spend a good portion of time in the Premier League anyway, so at least they got that going for em!

I'm highly anticipating the demo tomorrow, so I can compare things to PES. I had a bunch of fun with the PES demo, but I love the fancy licenses and authenticity. I'm a sucker for it not to mention the inclusion of MLS and Liga MX is a big boost to me anyway. I certainly won't be above buying both this year, but FIFA has already been paid for in full. I hope the demo makes me feel like that's a good choice, haha!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2016, 12:13 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Two new PA announcers will bring the game to life, including goal scorers and lineups, while we're adding over 500 new chants, making FIFA 17's crowds the most vibrant and dynamic to date. New additions this year include the Icelandic Huh and many new high quality chants from La Liga, Premier League and Championship clubs, alongside the iconic Hala Madrid anthem.
I like the sound of this. Not going to pretend that graphics and stadiums don't matter, but the sound design really needed a significant upgrade. Here's hoping that chants will sound awesome and won't be heard only during the pre-match presentation. More variety in crowd reactions and a distinct home/away atmosphere is more important for me while I actually play the game. (Booing a player who's commited a bad foul, hearing some 'Ole Ole' when the team passes the ball around during the dying moments of a good game, etc.)

Last edited by Chrisx; 09-13-2016 at 12:26 AM.
Old 09-13-2016, 01:50 AM   #13
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16
Who cares when all the teams play exactly the same way, their is little to no difference between players and the gameplay is miles behind PES.

In heaven hopefully we'll have a soccer game with FIFA's presentation and licenses + PES's gameplay.
Old 09-13-2016, 02:12 AM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by R9NALD9
Who cares when all the teams play exactly the same way, their is little to no difference between players and the gameplay is miles behind PES.

In heaven hopefully we'll have a soccer game with FIFA's presentation and licenses + PES's gameplay.
You must be joking?! If you like arcade gameplay you may be right with PES ... but sim gameplay and PES? That made my day already at 8:00 am. Thx!

I'm not a Fifa fanboy and I played the older PES games 5-7 for hundreds of hours. But Fifa gameplay is ahead of PES gameplay in sim aspects for a couple of years now + they have way more licenses and details than PES. Easy choice once again. But I guess I won't be playing Fifa for long because it becomes stale pretty fast as well.
Old 09-13-2016, 04:36 AM   #15
Rookie

flo182's Arena

I was hoping for some info about presentation packages for Bundesliga, Liga BBVA or Serie A.
Instead we get the FA Cup. Yeah....

Still don't understand why they focus so strongly on the british football. Of course it's the most popular league world wide but the spanish football is by far the number one in South America. And Bundesliga and Serie A also have a lot of fans.

Would've been nice to have at least a few more scanned players from these leagues. Always such a disappointment to see some of the most important players of that league that are playing for smaller clubs, look like a generic player model from 2007.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2016, 04:44 AM   #16
Rookie

flo182's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyJ1976
To me, it seems that EA is more concerned with keeping things out of PES than with adding to their own game, unless its the Premier League. They get exclusive license with La Liga, yet do absolutely nothing with it, not even add one stadium. They've done very little with Bundesliga or the rest of the leagues in the game, but it would be a crime if the Premier League had a generic stadium. Of the measly 3 stadiums they added, 2 of them are Premier League. The Premier League gets another presentation package, The Journey, and licensed managers while the rest of the leagues get neglected. EA should call this game, FIFA Ultimate Team, featuring the Premier League because those are their only concerns. Now I see how they lost Camp Nou to PES and out of spite, they got the La Liga exclusive.
Totally agree.

The guys making the decisions at EA are so far away from their customers it's unbelievable. This game and company has so much potential if only they'd listen to their customers instead of letting people make decision that have absolute no idea about football and especially video games.

For years now I've been hoping they take an example in 2K and try to go in their direction, understand that listening to customer wishes will also make a great and financially succesful product, but again it's a huge letdown.

Really hope they replace the whole managing department at this company. But I guess all these FUT players wasting money on this mode will be enough for those managers to get some fat boni and continue wasting all the potential this game and company has.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »