Home

Nike Color Rush Uniforms Coming Soon For Madden NFL 17

This is a discussion on Nike Color Rush Uniforms Coming Soon For Madden NFL 17 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2016, 12:41 PM   #17
Rookie

ginix's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Nike Color Rush Uniforms Coming Soon For Madden NFL 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
If I were to take a completely uninformed wild guess, I would speculate that Color Rush uniforms are not automatically assigned to Thursday games in Franchise on account of potential color conflicts beyond year one. Having the game default to a white vs white match-up (say, the Cowboys against the Bengals in a color rush game) would be awful UX, especially if that weren't properly and immediately communicated in the front-end prior to a user vs CPU game (as far as I know, we still can't directly change the CPU jerseys in Franchise).

On the other hand, if every team is getting a while and color Color Rush jersey, then all bets are off. I haven't yet seen a colored variant for a couple teams, however (ex. Dallas only has white).

Very happy to get the color rush unis in the game in any capacity, however.
The weird thing about that is the Texans/Patriots game is a color rush game yet their unis are practically identical. Might just be poor planning by the NFL but you'd think they would've recognised early on the issues that would cause.
Old 09-13-2016, 12:43 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3
Really need to have a visual representation of the uniform's both teams are using in CFM (especially vs CPU). The amount of times where I've had the Titans face off against say someone like the Chiefs who use their AFL throwback while I have selected my regular road uni - and then invariably don't select it when I load back into the game with my AFL uni selected.
Old 09-13-2016, 12:49 PM   #19
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Some the jerseys look sick, I actually like the Patriots color rush better than their actual one. It looks both simple and classic. Some of them are absolutely hideous like the Seahawks that looks like a highlighter exploded. But overall I like them. This will open the door to a lot of teams I wouldn't use in Franchise because of uniforms.
Old 09-13-2016, 12:50 PM   #20
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginix
The weird thing about that is the Texans/Patriots game is a color rush game yet their unis are practically identical. Might just be poor planning by the NFL but you'd think they would've recognised early on the issues that would cause.
The Texans beat writers all tweeted they are going to wear the white unis for that game. But your right that is something that should have been taken into account.
Old 09-13-2016, 12:53 PM   #21
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUBoy93
I hope the have it built it where the comp knows to assign the Color Rush jerseys to both teams on Thursday Night games in CFM.
FYI, You can assign them to the CPU with a second controller.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2016, 01:02 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
Yea is it tied to a roster? Definitely anxious to see what the specifics are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They are not tied to a roster, dev on twitter confirmed that we do not need to restart CFM to use them when they release them.
Old 09-13-2016, 01:10 PM   #23
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23

While I hate the Color Rush uniforms and the idea of them, I am happy Madden is going to add them to help refect what we see in real life. Now if only they would actually allow me select both teams uniforms when I'm playing franchise like pretty much every other sports game allows I'd be happy.
Old 09-13-2016, 01:24 PM   #24
Banned

Brightline's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AiDub
This begs the question of will Thursday Night games in CFM automatically switch the unis to these?
Point 1. Great to have them in. Good job by EA on this.

Point 2. What is being done for CFM? Are they being automatically assigned? Probably not for the reasons CM correctly pointed out. So color rush games cannot be played in franchise mode? That would be disappointing. (please save any responses that requires me to purchase additional hardware to chose uniforms)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »