Home

NASCAR Heat Evolution Review (PS4/XB1)

This is a discussion on NASCAR Heat Evolution Review (PS4/XB1) within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2016, 03:39 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NASCAR Heat Evolution Review (PS4/XB1)

It’s not an exaggeration to say NASCAR fans have been waiting for over a decade for the next great stock car simulation, and while patience is a virtue, it also has its limitations. So, fair or not, the amount of pressure that has been thrust upon the newest licensed NASCAR video game and its developer is already incredibly high because of the years of disappointment that fans of the sport have been forced to endure.

That’s the bad news.

The good news is that the developer that has taken on the somewhat monumental feat of creating the next great NASCAR game has been here before. Monster Games, the former developer of NASCAR Heat and NASCAR: Dirt to Daytona has thrown its hat into the ring again, this time with NASCAR Heat Evolution. Do they succeed in capturing the authenticity and excitement that their previous attempts did? Read on to find out.

Read More - NASCAR Heat Evolution Review
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2016, 03:49 PM   #2
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NASCAR Heat Evolution Review (PS4/XB1)

Seeing and hearing all these negative things about it had me leery. But after reading this review I'm sold. All I care about is gameplay/career mode. I don't play online/don't care about presentation all that much. So I'm going to get it. Thanks.
Old 09-14-2016, 04:25 PM   #3
All Star

Stormyhog's Arena

OVR: 15
Yeah if you can look past the lack of presentation I think most could have fun with it. I may get it at some point just busy with so many other games. Plus F1 has my attention when it comes to driving games at the moment.

Last edited by Stormyhog; 09-14-2016 at 08:56 PM.
Old 09-14-2016, 04:51 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3
My question though is regarding some of the seemingly major issues/bugs people are citing in the Impressions thread, such as being able to blow away the AI on big tracks like Daytona, or not being able to touch the breaks without heading into the wall. I had it pre ordered, but haven't yet picked up...so on the fence because I love a good NASCAR game, but don't love spending $66.00 for something incomplete...How many hours did you get to play before writing this review? I guess 6.5 is a pretty honest rating though, which to me is usually not worth spending the money.
Old 09-14-2016, 04:57 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3
in fact, the biggest problem which is not mentioned in this review is the frame rate, or lack there of...

http://cheatcc.com/ps4/rev/nascarheatevolutionreview.html

anyone else seeing the same?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2016, 05:30 PM   #6
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdiggitydawg
in fact, the biggest problem which is not mentioned in this review is the frame rate, or lack there of...

http://cheatcc.com/ps4/rev/nascarhea...ionreview.html

FPS is listed in the "Cons" of the review
Old 09-14-2016, 05:48 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdiggitydawg

http://cheatcc.com/ps4/rev/nascarhea...ionreview.html

At times, the whole game just freezes for 3-5 seconds. You can hear the race going on, but the screen is frozen. More times than not, when it comes back, you are either in the wall or up against a bother car. If they fix this, I can find a lot to like in the game, even though it is nowhere near the quality of F1. It could still be really fun if they clean up a few of these small things.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old 09-14-2016, 06:04 PM   #8
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by jway44
At times, the whole game just freezes for 3-5 seconds. You can hear the race going on, but the screen is frozen. More times than not, when it comes back, you are either in the wall or up against a bother car. If they fix this, I can find a lot to like in the game, even though it is nowhere near the quality of F1. It could still be really fun if they clean up a few of these small things.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Damn - I have not experienced anything like that on either the PS4 or PC version - just a small bit slow down when there is smoke or an accident

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »